• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Met a guy with an unusual yamaha boat issue

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally got the boat out yesterday.. bringing it home from storage and the 2 year old yamaha cover disintegrates mid flight.. ughh.. stopped by a gas station near my house to top it off before heading to the lake. A man walks over and asks me what year boat it is and proceeds to tell me he just bought a 2009 232..... for 3 thousand dollars!! after a confussed look he told me the boat has bran new motors and pumps in it... he has the paperwork to prove it but the rest of the boat is stripped down to the bear hull. No seats, steering wheel, no electronics, no wiring, no whindshield. He said the previous owners started restoring it but due to some unfortunate circumstances all the hardware removed is gone. So he has to rebuild it from scratch.. i quickly pointed to my jetboaters.net shirt and told him to join the forum and he could get an answer to any question.. after leaving i thought how large of a job that would be.. then i started thinking how much fun it would be to take your time and slowly bring it back to life. But only if i had someone elses money to do it with!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like the guy stole the boat and parted out everything that couldn't be traced back to the HIN?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He might get a surprise when he goes to register it.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What a great problem to have.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No the man he bought it from owned it for a long time it sounded like.. and started the project a few years ago... if the man put in two bran new engines and produced the documents to prove it it would seem that he was trying to do it right at first. Then maybe life got in the way..

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably going to cost more to restore it to original condition than to buy the same boat. I can't imagine what it would cost to buy all the pieces separately. But thing of how easy it would be to do all the mods with stuff already gone.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Probably going to cost more to restore it to original condition than to buy the same boat. I can't imagine what it would cost to buy all the pieces separately. But thing of how easy it would be to do all the mods with stuff already gone.
Agreed... i think it would be fun if the motors are really new..

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why would anyone disassemble the boat down to just the hull and have to put new engines and pumps.
All i can think of is the guy had it stolen from him and it was stripped of everthing then recovered

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dont want to say mors incase the guy joins..

But one likely hood is that maybe it sank... and he was restoring it after flooding..

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the story is true as told, he would be well off to sell the motors and more than double his investment and just get rid of the rest...

Eric

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont want to say mors incase the guy joins..

But one likely hood is that maybe it sank... and he was restoring it after flooding..
He probably forgot to fix all of the leaks on it when he bought it new... and it sank. :bawling: