• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MFI Trailer Brake Parts

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to replace the brake bleeder valve on one of my caliber's. I found out that I needed to know the brand of caliber. I called MFI and was told they use the calibers made for KIA cars. I not sure if this topic has been discussed before, but if it was I missed it. My question is, what brake pads do you use for this caliber since they did not say which model KIA they use or is everyone just replacing the whole caliber when they need pads?

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know this is an old post, but I just recently replaced my brake pads today. The pads are Tie Down Engineering 82084 and I could not find a cross reference anywhere for them. Went to autozone yesterday and the guy behind the counter went above and beyond in trying to find the pads, but had no luck cross referencing them. Determined to be on my boat tomorrow, I went on iboats forum and someone mentioned the pads I needed as being pads for a 1990 Chevrolet Cavilier or Buick Skylark. I went back to Autozone today and the pads were the same pads, except they were semi-metallic, not ceramic pads. UFP has rotors, calipers, and pads that are found on the 1997 - 2000 Kia Sephia. So, if anyone is looking at replacing brake pads on their 2010 MFI trailer that has Tie Down Engineering calipers and pads, go to your local auto parts store and for $10.99, you can have pads that have a lifetime warranty.

Last edited: