• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MFI trailer suspension parts replacement sources? Stainless or Galvanized?

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A pair of the shackle straps that holds a spring to an equalizer has rusted through on my galvanized MFI trailer.

The U bolts, plates, and assorted nuts and bolts are very rusted on all four spring assemblies. I'm thinking of replacing all of the hardware all at once while I'm fixing the spring shackle straps.

I'd prefer to replace all the hardware with, at the least, galvanized metal. I have been looking and working with etrailer.com, but it's a grab-bag as to which parts they offer (that I need) that are galvanized. I really don't want to put bare metal on it... and their kits don't line up with my equipment so I'd need to piece together stuff individually, which is making it pretty expensive.

Does anyone have a source for trailer hardware that sells a replacement kit for boat trailers that will be more durable for marine use?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We buy from MFI on a regular basis. We could likely buy from them and sell to you if they have the parts that you're looking for. Can you give me some specifics on what exactly you need and let me have one of my guys search for you?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered all of the replacement brakes and necessary parts, from pacifictrailers.com, the springs and other hardware from trailerpartsdepot.com.. All of the brake hardware is UFP.

Best prices I could find when I redid the suspension and brakes on my AR210.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll check those guys out too. I had already placed a call in to MFI, but I don't expect them to return my call promptly based on my experience trying to buy my replacement brakes off of them a year and a half ago. I also doubt they'd be the cheapest, as companies like them would much rather sell whole trailers than trickle out parts for existing ones. :D

I'm also wondering if I should go with galvanized or pay the extra for stainless hardware? I know that stainless isn't quite as strong as regular/galvanized steel, but is it strong enough for boat trailer suspension? I had found some sources for stainless, but I wasn't sure how it would hold up to use. Of course, non-corroded stainless is probably much stronger than my rusted hardware that's on there now...