• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Michigan

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Lake Saint Clair. I live right by it.
Make sense. I'm sure I'd get to used to it if I lived there. And I'd probably want a bigger boat! :)
How is Walled Lake? Any good lakes by you?
I've never been on Walled Lake as there is no public access point. We have deeded access to a small private lake which we go to about half the time and other times we typically go on Wolverine Lake, Cass Lake or Orchard Lake. Our favorite is Orchard Lake.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good news. Just got word back from my dealer that they will be opening for limited services (like boat pick-up) on 4/6. Will be able to call them at that time to arrange an appointment for pick-up out of winter storage. So if everything goes smoothly (and bureaucrats don't start arbitrarily closing ramp access), there should be no issues getting out on the water to "socially distance" without wasting the relatively limited season here in MI. :)

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good news. Just got word back from my dealer that they will be opening for limited services (like boat pick-up) on 4/6. Will be able to call them at that time to arrange an appointment for pick-up out of winter storage. So if everything goes smoothly (and bureaucrats don't start arbitrarily closing ramp access), there should be no issues getting out on the water to "socially distance" without wasting the relatively limited season here in MI. :)
Do you know if they are starting back up spring prep? I’ve got my boat in with them for the winter (Howell location). I called to get it prepped back around St Patrick’s day. Hoping I’m near the front of the line as I bet the whole stay at home order is going to mean a lot of people are going to be calling to get their boats as soon as they can.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do you know if they are starting back up spring prep? I’ve got my boat in with them for the winter (Howell location). I called to get it prepped back around St Patrick’s day. Hoping I’m near the front of the line as I bet the whole stay at home order is going to mean a lot of people are going to be calling to get their boats as soon as they can.
Their website and phone system says they are supposedly opening on 4/14, but the email I got from Kevin said I should call them this Monday the 6th to schedule pickup so hopefully they won't be too slammed quite yet. I'm assuming it will be prepped for pickup (and hopefully they did my warranty and punch list items in the fall), but will definitely confirm the extent of their services and staffing when I call. Will post back what I'm told. Fingers crossed! 🤞

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Their website and phone system says they are supposedly opening on 4/14, but the email I got from Kevin said I should call them this Monday the 6th to schedule pickup so hopefully they won't be too slammed quite yet. I'm assuming it will be prepped for pickup (and hopefully they did my warranty and punch list items in the fall), but will definitely confirm the extent of their services and staffing when I call. Will post back what I'm told. Fingers crossed! 🤞
Very glad I was able to store my boat in my garage.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do you know if they are starting back up spring prep?
So after speaking with service yesterday, they do appear to be doing spring prep prior to pickups. I'm currently slated to pick up my boat the week of the 26th and service (Patrick in this case) will be calling me before that week confirming prep is done as well as my warranty and punch list items though it sounds like they did most if not all of those items last fall. Of course if for some reason the dealer would be required to close down again, I'll be doing my best to run over and snag it beforehand (always in the back of my mind these days)!

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Very glad I was able to store my boat in my garage.
Me too. I've never taken it out before labor day but I might this year. I'm on a FB forum for Lake St Clair boaters and they are all bitching about the marinas not being open and their boats stuck in storage. Lots of first world problems there.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, in the infinite "wisdom" of MI Gov. Half-Whit(mer), apparently boating in a sailboat is inherently more safe with respect to the WuFlu/Covid than getting in a "motorboat". Interesting that so many "sailboats" I see have small diesels for maneuvering at harbors/docks, or when there's *gasp* no wind.. go figure. Most DNR ramps are open, but it would seem only to launch kayaks or canoes. Doesn't appear common sense or logic was in play when the first part of this decree was cast down to the masses.. irritating. Hopefully this nonsense does expire on the 30th. :rolleyes:

From the current MDNR's website:

mdnr04132020.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Illinois is only allowing 2 people per boat after May 1. I guess the wife & I can't take the kids out. 🤦‍♂️

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Time to get to motorboatin' boys!!

you-old-sailor-you.gif