• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Minnesota Jetboaters

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Performed a search using member map to see how many members are in Minnesota. Results came up with 2. Based on the lower values I figured the map is not at all indicative of actual member numbers. So, how many members do we have on this forum that live in Minnesota?

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe the map was correct. In MN, Props’ on top.

tony9009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
It might be just you and me.

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha. There’s gotta be more. I live out in Burnsville, not too far from a few major lakes. Are you in the TC or further out where’s its more quiet and peaceful? What has your experience been with owning a jetboat in MN? Any tips or pointers?
Most everybody I know chose a prop boat. @proplessdancer @mr_cobra @biffdotorg @jimbobalu @Rammrodd
More Jetboaters from MN. Still doesn’t seem like there’s many owners in MN.

jim r wisco

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Go to the snowmobile forum.....

Shack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Performed a search using member map to see how many members are in Minnesota. Results came up with 2. Based on the lower values I figured the map is not at all indicative of actual member numbers. So, how many members do we have on this forum that live in Minnesota?
I’m down in the SE CORNER, south of Rochester.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Minneapolis. We're going on our third season and love our '14 AR190. We keep it in our garage and it's been easy to trailer to lots of different local lakes. Weeds have not been much of a problem. We spend a week up north on the Whitefish Chain over 4th of July and over the course of the week I might need to do a clean out once or twice.

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Minneapolis. We're going on our third season and love our '14 AR190. We keep it in our garage and it's been easy to trailer to lots of different local lakes. Weeds have not been much of a problem. We spend a week up north on the Whitefish Chain over 4th of July and over the course of the week I might need to do a clean out once or twice.
Thanks Jerlane for your feedback to my questions. Because our winters are so harsh, are there any additional preventative measures you take when winterizing that is not indentified in the owners manual? I trailer my boat around and will winterize in our garage as well. Have you ever had to go to a local marina for any work completed? If you have, which one and why? And do you recommend River Valley Powersports?

I find reading and gathering feedback from you and other members experiences of owning a jetboat to be helpful when it comes to any decisions I make. Purchasing a jetboat, and first boat, was a huge decision that was not taken lightly for my family of 5. With our short boating season, and long harsh winters, I needed an activity to share with the entire family. Again thank you.

Last edited:

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No Doubt, we just lost ice on our bay a couple weeks ago. I'm just trying to get my dock/lifts in before the holiday weekend.

Pelican Rapids here.
You've got yourself a boaters playground out in Pelican Rapids. There are so many lakes of varying sizes. I'll make a bet the sweet quiet sound of peacefullness makes for a perfect boating experience.

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Eden Prairie, MN
Is there any specific lake you give preference to in the TC? I've been to Prior Lake, but thats about it. I'll have to try out Minnetonka one of these days. I think I'll wait until I am ready to launch by myself and get my routine down.

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there any specific lake you give preference to in the TC? I've been to Prior Lake, but thats about it. I'll have to try out Minnetonka one of these days. I think I'll wait until I am ready to launch by myself and get my routine down.
Minnetonka is rough for our small boats, the smaller bays are better. Minnewashta is nice.

How is Prior Lake? I haven't been yet and was wondering if it was worth it as it seems parking is very limited at the ramp.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Jerlane for your feedback to my questions. Because our winters are so harsh, are there any additional preventative measures you take when winterizing that is not indentified in the owners manual? I trailer my boat around and will winterize in our garage as well. Have you ever had to go to a local marina for any work completed? If you have, which one and why? And do you recommend River Valley Powersports?

I find reading and gathering feedback from you and other members experiences of owning a jetboat to be helpful when it comes to any decisions I make. Purchasing a jetboat, and first boat, was a huge decision that was not taken lightly for my family of 5. With our short boating season, and long harsh winters, I needed an activity to share with the entire family. Again thank you.
This is our first boat as well and it has been very user friendly. That’s one of the reasons we bought it. I have done all the work on it myself so far and haven’t needed to use a shop yet, so I can’t comment on that. In the fall I top the tank off and add marine Sta-bil and fog the engine. I’ve heard of people flushing with antifreeze, but it doesn’t seem to be necessary. I change the oil and spark plugs in the spring (might rethink changing oil in the fall instead).

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We’ve only done Prior Lake once and the boat ramp was a total shit show and took forever. Probably won’t go back. We enjoy Minnewashta as well. Nice launch with lots of parking. Bryant Lake and Lotus are close by and nice for a quick after work swim.

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m down in the SE CORNER, south of Rochester.
Minnetonka is rough for our small boats, the smaller bays are better. Minnewashta is nice.

How is Prior Lake? I haven't been yet and was wondering if it was worth it as it seems parking is very limited at the ramp.
I've enjoyed Prior Lake for the most part. Its a bit choppy, but that may be a cause of windier days and being a larger lake. Parking has been okay for the most part, I've gotten to the lake at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday with plenty of parking available. I park at the DNR ramp which has two parking lots available. As the warmer days near I expect parking will become more difficult. But as of a week ago, it wasn't overly busy. The lake is mostly clear of any weedy vegetation and is relatively large with 1 marina and a restaurant that you can dock your boat.

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We’ve only done Prior Lake once and the boat ramp was a total shit show and took forever. Probably won’t go back. We enjoy Minnewashta as well. Nice launch with lots of parking. Bryant Lake and Lotus are close by and nice for a quick after work swim.
I’ve read other peoples experiences very similar to yours, especially last year when the whole world and decided to go boating. I’ve also heard from other experienced boaters about their frustrations with new boaters that didn’t take the time to learn common courtesy and etiquette at the ramp. I began practicing my skills with launching/loading at Crystal Lake in Burnsville after work. Mainly because there’s almost nobody at the lake on week days at 3 pm, which is good for me to make mistakes and not hold people up. I bet their are still shot shows, but hopefully not as often. And if there are, it’s not going to happen because of something I did. Haha.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You've got yourself a boaters playground out in Pelican Rapids. There are so many lakes of varying sizes. I'll make a bet the sweet quiet sound of peacefullness makes for a perfect boating experience.
We are very blessed. I grew up in Wadena, with lakes 30 minutes in all direction. Then lived in the Fargo/Moorhead area most of my life having the Detroit Lakes area only 45 min away. Just prior to COVID lock down, we sold our home and moved to Franklin Lake between Pelican, Lizzie, Lida, Crystal. Never looked back. The best 2.5yrs ever, and will only get better.

Rakkaone187

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are very blessed. I grew up in Wadena, with lakes 30 minutes in all direction. Then lived in the Fargo/Moorhead area most of my life having the Detroit Lakes area only 45 min away. Just prior to COVID lock down, we sold our home and moved to Franklin Lake between Pelican, Lizzie, Lida, Crystal. Never looked back. The best 2.5yrs ever, and will only get better.

Sign me up! Peace of heaven on earth.