• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MinnKota Riptide ST mounted

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
If you are not going to be in saltwater the Terrova Fresh water is just the same. I am still trying to find out if mine comes with a foot pedal or not. One did not come in to the dealer so gotta contact Minnkota Monday. I have the iPilot that connects with my Helix 9 so my trolling motor may just be remote control only.

I am waiting on my 2nd transducer to come in so won't pick the boat up until later this coming week but I went by Saturday and got a bunch of pictures.

I also had them install the removable plate so I can take this off in case I want to cover the boat for some reason.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I like that. Same I-pilot as mine. Good to see it on the boat I want.
If you get a chance, I'd love to see a photo of where they tucked the two trolling motor batteries. Are they tucked up under the forward deck a little or right smack dab on the floor of the console storage area?

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I am actually trying to find out why I don't have 4 batteries. The boat comes with 2 under the rear port side hatch just behind the fold up seat. The dealer added a 3rd one in front of those 2 I can post a pic once I get the boat this week. I am actually thinking about installing my amp in that same compartment along with my 3 bank charger. I am guessing that I only really need 3 batteries which is what I had on my bass boat as well.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I think I'm in agreement. That's how I have my skiff set up as well, 1 cranking battery in the rear, two blue top AGM's up front for the I-pilot, and a three bank charger under the console. And of course the jumper cables stowed away just in case I would somehow drain that starting battery down which has never happened.
I didn't realize that there's room for three in the back hatch.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You actually have room for 1 more but you lose all storage space on that side. Here are some photos

Update to this post I moved my trolling motor batteries to the front of the boat.

Last edited:

Bill Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What shaft length are you using ?

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
54" here.
Seems to be a good length even when it's lumpy water and the bow is bouncing.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I got the 60" on mine and it got pretty wavy out there this past week so I had it all the way down a few times.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ive been reading alot lately. I just signed papars for a FSH sport yesterday, Should pick it up wednesday.Anyway , Im considering an Ipilot on the bow like you fellas have but my concern is with the quick release mount. Does it stick out past the rub rail? Ive got the mooring cover and worry about intereference. Thanks

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have the quick connect on my Terrova but I mounted it on the anchor locker door to skip putting holes in my boat, Yes it should have a foot peddle