• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Minor thing, but don't do this with your anti pooling poles

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I was putting the cover on. Anyone with anti-pooling poles knows those straps need to be stretched very tight for maximum effectiveness. The lengths of the straps are adjustable, but once they are set for your particular application, you usually never have to adjust them. I had three straps attached. I was trying to secure the fourth strap, one of the black ones, to the last cleat. This is always the one you have to stretch and apply a bit of pressure to, in order for it to fit over the last cleat. Well today, for some reason, that last SOB strap just wouldn't stretch far enough to get over the cleat. So instead of the idiot looking at one of the white straps and seeing it was twisted a few times (thus, shortening the entire length of all straps) the idiot thought, "Screw it, just a bit more pressure and it will fit." Nope. The f*&*&ing strap cut through the plastic piece to which it was attached, and the idiot, who was standing on the boat leaning and applying pressure on the strap towards the cleat, all of a sudden had no resistance, and fell off the boat - in bare feet. As I was cussing and realizing I now have to buy a new set of poles, (I jury rigged something that will work for now) I noticed blood all over the inside of my boat. Must have crashed down on something when I "jumped" off the boat in bare feet. Good thing blood cleans up easy. Moral of the story? If it doesn't fit, stop stretching the damn strap because there probably is a reason it doesn't fit! Anyone know where to get a new set of poles? YJBC117A is the part, I believe.

IMG_20140805_135407_590.jpg

That would clearly fall under the OOOPS category.

Check with your local dealer. They may just have a replacement part laying around from a delivery cover that might do the trick for you.

I always check for twists as I set them up. But I usually leave the posts hanging sideways until all the straps in place. Then stand them up. Or leave them hanging, put the cover on, tow to storage, then climb under, and stand up the poles.

Geez.....that sounds like a comedy of errors. Glad you are ok!

You could possible have it welded too...Looks like there are a few plastic welders in your area...Just a thought...

Cheers!

I will likely be selling mine as I've just had a custom cover made for my boat...

I always check for twists as I set them up. But I usually leave the posts hanging sideways until all the straps in place. Then stand them up. Or leave them hanging, put the cover on, tow to storage, then climb under, and stand up the poles.
This.
While reading the OP, I was preparing myself to type exactly this and then I see you already typed it for me! :winkingthumbsup"

As always, love the insight here. Gym, looks like that one only fits up to a 22 footer......Only had a chunk of skin ripped into a flap of skin. Cleaned it and taped it back in place with a band aid. Hopefully good to go by Friday!

@OCMD... here's one for the Tips & Tricks... injuries like that can quickly be repaired with Krazy Glue!

As always, love the insight here. Gym, looks like that one only fits up to a 22 footer......Only had a chunk of skin ripped into a flap of skin. Cleaned it and taped it back in place with a band aid. Hopefully good to go by Friday!
@OCMD What game you working on Friday? Any flight to Minneapolis planned?

Is this where we're supposed to say we can't believe you without pictures? :snaphappy:

Back