• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Missing plug on head

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg Starting cleaning the boat today and just saw I am missing a plug . Not sure what it is for ?

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Can you point somehow where the plug misssing is?
Everything looks normal to me!

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is a picture of the stern side motor. cap is missing in first picture on port motor . Cap does in between the 2 coils closest to the bow. Can't remember if it was ever there or not ... image.jpg

@Speedling

Attachments

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Looks like some sort or retainer in there. I would see how much a new one costs but I don't know if I would worry about it too much.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like some sort or retainer in there. I would see how much a new one costs but I don't know if I would worry about it too much.
It has a bolt that goes down into head for asjustment of something I was thinking ... Was on the phone w Yamaha sports plaza because parts diagram isn't right lol I got one ordered ;) I believe it #36 even tho it's on the wrong side ...image.jpg

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It has a bolt that goes down into head for asjustment of something I was thinking ... Was on the phone w Yamaha sports plaza because parts diagram isn't right lol I got one ordered ;) I believe it #36 even tho it's on the wrong side ...View attachment 26669
How much for that part from YSP?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Aaron,
I pick mine up from the bilge once or twice a year and reinstall it. I am not even sure if it is in right now. As long as you don't introduce water on top of the engine head I wouldn't be concern about it.
Great meeting you guys this past week.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Aaron,
I pick mine up from the bilge once or twice a year and reinstall it. I am not even sure if it is in right now. As long as you don't introduce water on top of the engine head I wouldn't be concern about it.
Great meeting you guys this past week.
Ok , I thought for sure it would be laying down there but couldn't fit any where ! Lol I ordered one more , I wash down the engine bay a few times a year . It was great meeting you too ! We had a blast ! I'm gonna practice some more wake surfing :)

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
#36 is correct - i've ordered one that became a spare when i found mine. the one on my port engine is always popping back out. i actually haven't checked it in the last three outings.

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
i have been considering taking a very thin, long piece of stainless steel about a 1/4" wide and about 3" long-ish. then drilling a hole in one end and bending a dog-leg in it. mount this under the bolt holding in the ignition coil so that it presses on that rubber seal circle-thingie. maybe set it up so it isn't pressing so hard that it can't "burp" or whatever it is doing, but enough to keep it from ejecting clean off.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i have been considering taking a very thin, long piece of stainless steel about a 1/4" wide and about 3" long-ish. then drilling a hole in one end and bending a dog-leg in it. mount this under the bolt holding in the ignition coil so that it presses on that rubber seal circle-thingie. maybe set it up so it isn't pressing so hard that it can't "burp" or whatever it is doing, but enough to keep it from ejecting clean off.
I was thinking some rubber sealant to hold it in !