• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mission/Sentry fenders, 30% off

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mine came in today. Minor dings but nothing major!

60682C3B-6925-4409-A8DC-992A2A5D8B06.jpeg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No more 30%..... they are $10 cheaper now. Not bad, but not 30% anymore.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

NickB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got these and do not like them for docking. At the beach they are fine but don’t hold well with heavy wakes at the dock.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just tried them out for the first time. Works great here. Easy to attach. Was calm at the dock though.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just ordered 2 pairs of the almost black ones....got the b-stock to save a couple of bucks

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first two experiences so far haven't been anything special. For me, with docking and the fender at the front and even mid cleat, there's a good chance if you are coming into a not super calm slip and at any type of angle these can and in my case did, turn on you. That's because they are just hanging there by a line and can swing/move freely. If placed in the rear and tight against the cleat it's money. Because of how high the mid cleat is and how low the dock I using is in comparison (the dock isn't abnormally low or anything), the fender just hangs very loosely.

I haven't quite given up on the one I bought (was going to buy two like most but decided for the price try one) and I can't say I'm anxious to buy another one, discounted or not. Maybe for super calm waters, or even bumping up against another boat while at the sand bar but for docking where I'm at, the traditional round fenders seem to work better (or the single rope doenst case any issues with twisting).

I plan to test it a ton more but that's my initial input.

Last edited:

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those of you that have been using these Mission Fenders now for some time, how do you like them? How would you compare them to the Yamaha contour fenders?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
For those of you that have been using these Mission Fenders now for some time, how do you like them? How would you compare them to the Yamaha contour fenders?
IMO the Yamaha fenders are terrible. Never got them to clip right; more trouble than what it worth. Ended up mounting them to protect the front of my dock. I ended up getting the round ones but I like these. I'll have to look into them. These seem to make better sense.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not a fan personally. I bought one to test when I first got the boat (the fender was discounted) and I dont think I've used it more than 2 or 3 times before going back to the traditional round bumpers. With that, its good for the rear cleat but that's in for me and even then I dont use it. Admittingly, my go-to docks have rubber/plastic guard rails and now that I'm pretty seasoned at docking the boat I never really pull any bumpers out. I would still use my traditional ones at new docks or if going side-by-side with another boat which is super rare for me.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm not a fan personally. I bought one to test when I first got the boat (the fender was discounted) and I dont think I've used it more than 2 or 3 times before going back to the traditional round bumpers. With that, its good for the rear cleat but that's in for me and even then I dont use it. Admittingly, my go-to docks have rubber/plastic guard rails and now that I'm pretty seasoned at docking the boat I never really pull any bumpers out. I would still use my traditional ones at new docks or if going side-by-side with another boat which is super rare for me.
I found the missions for $64 each. Kinda steep but not toooo bad. Thinking about it hard.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Dean P I think that's around the price I paid as well. I know you're in St. Pete and I'm in Tampa/Oldsmar. If its worth a shot, I'd gladly let you try this one for an extended period of time if you wanted to grab it some way or another.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I like them. Mostly because of how fast you can throw one on a cleat. That said, they aren’t the best when you tie up to another boat out in the water of waves from other boats hit you. They work loose and come off. It’s happened to me twice in the past couple of weeks.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I like them. Mostly because of how fast you can throw one on a cleat. That said, they aren’t the best when you tie up to another boat out in the water of waves from other boats hit you. They work loose and come off. It’s happened to me twice in the past couple of weeks.
Oh, interesting. On Mission's website they show where you push down on them to move the straps into the locking position. You did that and they still worked themselves loose? I very seldom tie up to another boat (actually can't remember when) so this might not be a concern.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Dean P I think that's around the price I paid as well. I know you're in St. Pete and I'm in Tampa/Oldsmar. If its worth a shot, I'd gladly let you try this one for an extended period of time if you wanted to grab it some way or another.
I may take you up on this, but'll have to wait as we don't go anywhere since all this COVID crap. Thx!

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Oh, interesting. On Mission's website they show where you push down on them to move the straps into the locking position. You did that and they still worked themselves loose? I very seldom tie up to another boat (actually can't remember when) so this might not be a concern.
I have the same problem. On the rear cleat, it's low enough to touch the water so it gets pushed up and loosened. That was the main cleat I bought it for so overall I'm not that pleased. However apparently they have a new product that might solve this issue.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have the same problem. On the rear cleat, it's low enough to touch the water so it gets pushed up and loosened. That was the main cleat I bought it for so overall I'm not that pleased. However apparently they have a new product that might solve this issue.
Thx! I saw this on their website but wasn't sure what I was looking at nor how to mount it. A pictures worth a thousand words...

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've enjoyed mine, but have had he same problem as others have mentioned concerning the rear cleat.

I'm also notorious to leaving the dock without pulling them in, and as a result lost 2 of them last year. Pricey to buy the first time, even harder replace the second and third time :oops:

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've enjoyed mine, but have had he same problem as others have mentioned concerning the rear cleat.

I'm also notorious to leaving the dock without pulling them in, and as a result lost 2 of them last year. Pricey to buy the first time, even harder replace the second and third time :oops:
i use the ICON model to solve the rear issue

0D99B4A9-B718-45A1-ACE5-A295E7A83274.jpeg