• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Modern Yamaha jetboat diagnostics and engine parameter monitoring

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi All,

I'm looking for some info about diagnostics on our boats. Mine is a 2020 210 FSH (Twin TR-1).

I've read on the Jetski forums and elsewhere about the ways to view diagnostic codes and monitor engine parameters in real-time (such as oil pressure.)
  • Older skis had the ability to display diagnostic codes on the built in display
  • Yamaha YDS 1.33 software for boats and engines older than 2017. Can be bought on Ebay for about $50.
  • Yamaha YDS 2.0 software. Only available to dealers.
  • 3rd party monitoring such as CANDooPro. Windows-based.
  • Maptuner X monitoring app. Usually Maptuner is bought with a license to tune but it can be purchased to just monitor with a less expensive license.

On my 210 FSH I can see one 4 pin port under the console and also a USB under the console. I assume the 4 pin port is the diagnostic port. Is there only one for the boat or is there one for each engine? If there's only one, will it simultaneously show parameters from both engines? What's the USB for?

I want to be able to read codes and see real time engine data so I'm thinking about buying a Maptuner X but want to know if there's a better (cheaper) way first.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have this one and it seems they updated it to 2021
Yds pro2
And you only can do one engine at a time because they are completely seperate systems with individual ecus