• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Modifying mooring cover to accommodate aftermarket tower

MissScarlet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone ever had their mooring cover altered or modified to accommodate the mounts of an aftermarket wakeboard tower?

I have an 2015 SX190 and picked up a Yamaha branded mooring cover for cheap but it won’t work if the tower is installed.

Looking to see if anyone has had theirs modified.

Thanks!!

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The previous owner of my 2005 SX230 did this. He bought a Sampson tower and had the OEM cover modified to fit it. It fits great but it's now old and needs replaced.

I can take pictures for you if it would help.

Last edited:

MissScarlet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pictures would be amazing!!

treysch1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the EXACT same issue. 2005 Yamaha SX230. LOVE the boat, need a cover. I have an aftermarket tower and currently no options.. I have desperately looked for Bow and Cockpit covers as that should work well, but for this model boat, BC and CC's are proving to be more evasive than the Sasquatch! any help would be greatly welcomed.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Couldn't you just get a custom snap-on cover?

treysch1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been looking everywhere to no avail.. I’m good with a custom snap if it comes to that.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had an aftermarket tower on my old AR240. We originally had the mooring cover modified to fit then as that was starting to age I had a snap on cockpit and bow cover because it was cheaper and didn't need a ton of customization like the mooring cover did. Obviously the mooring cover protected better but it was more cost effective. Would I do it again? No. I would stick with modifying the factory mooring cover or getting a complete cover made.

treysch1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That may likely be my route, but can someone guild me on where to find a custom cover maker?

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just found a shop locally that did interiors on cars and canvas work.

treysch1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Excellent recommendation Thank you very much!

MissScarlet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be using a shop that does custom work. I really don't want to put in snaps just because I don't like them sticking up all over the boat.

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Find a local Upholestry shop. Many work on boat interiors, canvas, isinglass, etc.

Take the factory covers to them and they can cut the tower openings in it and sew in Velcro and stainless steel connectors in straps just like the factory does for factory tower covers.

I had mine altered for @ $150.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the EXACT same issue. 2005 Yamaha SX230. LOVE the boat, need a cover. I have an aftermarket tower and currently no options.. I have desperately looked for Bow and Cockpit covers as that should work well, but for this model boat, BC and CC's are proving to be more evasive than the Sasquatch! any help would be greatly welcomed.
I'm also striking out left and right in trying to find a new bow cover for my 2008 SX230. Did you ever find a seller?

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MissScarlet , what type of aftermarket tower did you put on your SX190? I have a 2012 SX190 and have been looking at a couple of towers to install during off season.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
tower side view 2.JPG