• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Monster Swivel Wakeboard/Surfboard Racks

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just want to share this information for anyone else considering a rack. Ok so to get the facts I have a 2017 AR195 the font tower diameter is 2 3/8" which really doesn't matter as you would normally put the the rack on the rear leg. The rear leg is 1 7/8" these are outside diameters, they do not include the powder coating. I wanted the rack that comes on the 212X and 242X, however the only way to get them now is to drop a bunch of cash. Monster only sells one that fits 2.5" however they do not sell any inserts to make these fit a smaller size. XTP at one time would sell to normal people however that has changed. They will only sell to dealers now. Alright so back to the Monster one. I ordered the 1 7/8" the insert was too small to fit around the tower leg. Keep in mind the edges prevented it from fitting, also note the 1 7/8" is less than 1 7/8". I called and Monster stated there should be a gap between the inserts. I said ok, I'm good with that. However it won't fit around the pipe how it should the edges are digging in preventing it from fitting properly. They told me to sand the edges, keep in mind I was not thrilled with this answer. I told them to send me 2" insert, the associate ask me to sand the edges. I did just that, still didn't fit. I called back and then they agreed to send me a 2"insert. I sanded the 1 7/8" more however this was not an easy task. I would not recommend this for anyone who is not skilled and has the proper tools. I had my one of my shop guys do this and it turned out well, I got it to fit. However I waited for the 2" as the edges were good on the sanded one however not like the one that was machined from them. I also was annoyed that Monster does not give you anything to protect the tower from scatching or marring. I ended up using a tire tube rubber to go around the inside of the insert and used the 2". Long story short order the 2" as the smaller one is too small. I hope I save someone a hassle of trying to get a rack that fits.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting. I had no problems with the non swivel quick release with the insert pack that came with it... but was wanting to add the swivel. Soumds like the clamp may ne different. Guess I may need to re think this or at least be prepared for dealing with this.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just order the 2” one and you will be good to go.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I bought two monster racks, one swivel, one non-swivel, neither had any issues on installation fitting my 2020 with the included spacers. Did they forget those in yours I wonder?

JetboatDrvr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have two swivel racks, both with the 1 7/8" adapters, and while there is a gap in the ends on the spacer, they work like a champ. Interesting you had an issue and glad you got it sorted.

QuakeTen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I spoke with Monster Tower support last week. My takeaway was the plastic inserts are intended to be used in racks without a swivel. The swivel racks should use the metal inserts. I ordered a 1 7/8" adapter and it was too small for my '19 AR195. They sent me the 2" metal adapter and that works much better but I needed to put a little electrical tape on the tower.

BrentM

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought two monster racks, one swivel, one non-swivel, neither had any issues on installation fitting my 2020 with the included spacers. Did they forget those in yours I wonder?
Which spacer fit well?

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just want to share this information for anyone else considering a rack. Ok so to get the facts I have a 2017 AR195 the font tower diameter is 2 3/8" which really doesn't matter as you would normally put the the rack on the rear leg. The rear leg is 1 7/8" these are outside diameters, they do not include the powder coating. I wanted the rack that comes on the 212X and 242X, however the only way to get them now is to drop a bunch of cash. Monster only sells one that fits 2.5" however they do not sell any inserts to make these fit a smaller size. XTP at one time would sell to normal people however that has changed. They will only sell to dealers now. Alright so back to the Monster one. I ordered the 1 7/8" the insert was too small to fit around the tower leg. Keep in mind the edges prevented it from fitting, also note the 1 7/8" is less than 1 7/8". I called and Monster stated there should be a gap between the inserts. I said ok, I'm good with that. However it won't fit around the pipe how it should the edges are digging in preventing it from fitting properly. They told me to sand the edges, keep in mind I was not thrilled with this answer. I told them to send me 2" insert, the associate ask me to sand the edges. I did just that, still didn't fit. I called back and then they agreed to send me a 2"insert. I sanded the 1 7/8" more however this was not an easy task. I would not recommend this for anyone who is not skilled and has the proper tools. I had my one of my shop guys do this and it turned out well, I got it to fit. However I waited for the 2" as the edges were good on the sanded one however not like the one that was machined from them. I also was annoyed that Monster does not give you anything to protect the tower from scatching or marring. I ended up using a tire tube rubber to go around the inside of the insert and used the 2". Long story short order the 2" as the smaller one is too small. I hope I save someone a hassle of trying to get a rack that fits.
I wish I would have found this post sooner. The 1 7/8” did not fit my 2020 AR210 tower, I suspect the blue color of my tower was a thicker powder coat than others.

Monster’s first request was to grind the inserts down but I don’t have the tools to do that so I asked them for the 2” ones and they’re sending them to me… but I have to pay $34 which sucks.

I don’t have a way to call and complain because their phones go to voicemail and the only way to correspond is through email tickets.

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I wish I would have found this post sooner. The 1 7/8” did not fit my 2020 AR210 tower, I suspect the blue color of my tower was a thicker powder coat than others.

Monster’s first request was to grind the inserts down but I don’t have the tools to do that so I asked them for the 2” ones and they’re sending them to me… but I have to pay $34 which sucks.

I don’t have a way to call and complain because their phones go to voicemail and the only way to correspond is through email tickets.
@Maineiac sorry to hear that. Pretty much the same situation for me as too. The kicker is the 2 inch mount was a "smidge" too big for the rear tower. I'd recommend a few wraps of some self-fusing silicone tape around the tower where you'll mount the monster brackets. That's what I did and it works great and holds the rack in place very well on the tower. Standard electrical tape would work as well. But, here's a link of of the tape I used for the job...

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Maineiac sorry to hear that. Pretty much the same situation for me as too. The kicker is the 2 inch mount was a "smidge" too big for the rear tower. I'd recommend a few wraps of some self-fusing silicone tape around the tower where you'll mount the monster brackets. That's what I did and it works great and holds the rack in place very well on the tower. Standard electrical tape would work as well. But, here's a link of of the tape I used for the job...

Thanks! I’ll check out that tape. I needed to order some silicone grease for the racks anyway since the install instructions mentioned greasing it.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Do you want the ones I have? I no longer have an AR195 as it turned into a 212, funny how a boat can grow over the winter. The 212 has a 2 3/8” rear tube. I have a 2” from them and the 1 7/8” sanded that will work.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nah. Impossible...

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you want the ones I have? I no longer have an AR195 as it turned into a 212, funny how a boat can grow over the winter. The 212 has a 2 3/8” rear tube. I have a 2” from them and the 1 7/8” sanded that will work.
I sent you a private message. I think I’d like to try yours. The 2” they sent me are kind of loose.