• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Mooring cover deals?

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's time for me to buy a new mooring cover. I like the deluxe but will it last longer than the old school grey one. I only got 3 years out of it. And that with it being kept under a canopy 75% of the time. If anybody can point me to who has the best prices right now that would be great. I have a 2011 AR 210. Thanks

I had to cut some loose threads off my cover on Sunday.

There, I said something negative about my cover. I felt the need to get that out of my system.

After 11 years with the same damn cover you'd think it would have disintegrated by now, but noooo. It has a few slight water stains on it from pools of water that have collected from time to time, but that's the extent of it.

My friends all have new covers. I'm envious. I pull the thing very tight and have expected to hear "Riiiiip" many a time while doing so. I almost get excited pulling the rubber up and around the cleats thinking it will tear.

When the time comes to replace it I just hope they still have them available. :rolleyes:

@Glassman ..... I almost get excited pulling the rubber up and around the cleats thinking it will tear. Ummmmm....huh....what??

I need a cover too for my new to me used boat but reading all of these comments like "It only lasted three years" are killing me. $600 and it lasts 3 years?

I seem to read good things about the "shipping cover" but I can't find one for a 2008 232 Limited. If you don't want to trailer with it, it seems like the way to go. The previous owner gave me a cover he got from West Marine that seems to be doing the job for now, but I want something better. He said the "original Yamaha cover" pooled a bunch of water because he "couldn't pull it tight" even though he said it had the ratchet strap in the back. I looked at a used boat with the mooring cover and it seemed pretty damn tight to me so I'm not sure which cover he had originally.

Back