• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Mooring cover solution!

What exactly was the problem? Maybe I'm a dummy and missed the self explanatory part lol

Alot of the new covers come with to short of lead straps to start the ratchet straps. Even if you barely get them started where they won't slip out, you can't pull the cover over the end of the boat. Yamaha needs to make them a little longer. So you end up not being able to ratchet it tight. You end up using it with just the elastic corners. I'm a big guy and forced it over the last corner, nearly cutting my fingers off, thinking it would stretch once it got some rain or broke in. Not the case as of yet, so I had to come up with some alternative. This was my fix for the lack of strapping on the winch straps. I even verified it was the right factory cover. Maybe in time the cover strapping will stretch, who knows, but I'm good to go know.

Ah, gotcha. Put a new one on this year and it had plenty of slack.

Alot of the new covers come with to short of lead straps to start the ratchet straps. Even if you barely get them started where they won't slip out, you can't pull the cover over the end of the boat. Yamaha needs to make them a little longer. So you end up not being able to ratchet it tight. You end up using it with just the elastic corners. I'm a big guy and forced it over the last corner, nearly cutting my fingers off, thinking it would stretch once it got some rain or broke in. Not the case as of yet, so I had to come up with some alternative. This was my fix for the lack of strapping on the winch straps. I even verified it was the right factory cover. Maybe in time the cover strapping will stretch, who knows, but I'm good to go know.

Hello Matt, sorry to hear about the issue you are dealing with your cover, but I applaud you for your creative solution. My name is Dan and I work for the company that builds the OEM mooring covers for Yamaha. If you could email me at: warranty@commercialsewing.com we can start a warranty claim to get your cover fixed and working properly. Thanks

Hello Matt, sorry to hear about the issue you are dealing with your cover, but I applaud you for your creative solution. My name is Dan and I work for the company that builds the OEM mooring covers for Yamaha. If you could email me at: warranty@commercialsewing.com we can start a warranty claim to get your cover fixed and working properly. Thanks

I don't want to derail this thread but there is a lot of confusion over owners applying waterproofing to their factory covers after the original wears off. Is there a recommended product to apply to regain the original waterproofing that wont cause damage?

I don't want to derail this thread but there is a lot of confusion over owners applying waterproofing to their factory covers after the original wears off. Is there a recommended product to apply to regain the original waterproofing that wont cause damage?
Yes, the link in parentheses has some of the waterproofing spray's that we have found will work best on the canvas (CS16-Generic-OA.indd (commercialsewing.com). 303 Fabric Guard is what we recommend the most for increasing the longevity of our covers.

Back