• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mooring cover

Morte52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone need a mooring cover for their 19 ft Yamaha jet boat? It came new with my AR195, but I don’t think I’ll have a use for it with the snap covers on now. It’s just taking up space in my garage. Make me an offer and hopefully you are in eastern Ontario, and we can figure out how to get it to you.

Jeff

Jtlacrozmaster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Hi Jeff,

Not to derail your advertisement, but can you elaborate a bit on the mooring cover vs snap-on? I'm in the process of trying to decide which one I want for my 195S. Seems like your snap-on cover might be a bit more convenient than the mooring? Looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Morte52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi - no worries. I found the snap on/off cover - the two pieces bow and cockpit cover - to be much more convenient to put on and off. I'm primarily leaving my boat in the water at a marina though. I have never used the mooring cover since I got my bow/cockpit covers - so that shows you how much more convenient it is. The split cover also allows you to leave the bow cover on, and still operate the boat (great for kids to hide under and keep warm too)... with a mooring cover you have to remove it entirely every time. And it's hard(er) to get on when docked in the water. I think those who are towing their boats more often might have a preference to the mooring cover, as I think it does a better job at protecting the boat during transport. Hope that helps!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have both, Kind of. I have the Bow snap on cover and use it only on the water. I purchased it in case I had some rough weather to get off the lake on, and I do boat on the Great Lakes. It would help with waves coming over the front tremendously. Also as @Morte52 indicated I have used it once to store a few things and to keep the kids warm on a cool day while we were going quite some distance across the water.

I use the Yamaha mooring cover to cover the boat, in storage in the drive and longer road trips. Also take it with us on over night trips and vacations. I prefer that the mooring cover, covers much more of the boat and the window shield as well as more of the gun whale for protection and gives you an over the rail seal all the way around the boat as well as the back swim platform.

Hope info helps.

Jtlacrozmaster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Thanks everyone! That is some very helpful feedback. Much appreciated.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the ar195 will fit the 195S? I am picking up a 2021 on Wednesday. Interested if it will fit.

sikm3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hi - no worries. I found the snap on/off cover - the two pieces bow and cockpit cover - to be much more convenient to put on and off. I'm primarily leaving my boat in the water at a marina though. I have never used the mooring cover since I got my bow/cockpit covers - so that shows you how much more convenient it is. The split cover also allows you to leave the bow cover on, and still operate the boat (great for kids to hide under and keep warm too)... with a mooring cover you have to remove it entirely every time. And it's hard(er) to get on when docked in the water. I think those who are towing their boats more often might have a preference to the mooring cover, as I think it does a better job at protecting the boat during transport. Hope that helps!
I need a new cover but I have a 192 which won't work unfortunately. But now you've got my interest piqued on the snap on cover. I hate putting the mooring cover on in the slip. Especially since my boat extends past the dock slips. So does the snap on cover keep the rain out? Do you use the poles with the snap on cover?