• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

More toys to install

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Got the last piece of my winter upgrades today. Shiny new custom pitch Solas dynafly impellers! Much tighter tolerance in the wear ring housing! Hopefully they perform as good as they look. Total installation time was about an hour and 15 minutes. That was pulling pumps to bolting up pumps.

While I had the impellers out I went ahead and resealed the intake grates with the E6000. That stuff works great and is really tough!

20160317_154335.jpg

20160317_165752.jpg

20160317_172300.jpg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice and shiny. What are you doing with your originals?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Keeping them, just in case.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like shiny!!! I won't buy anymore boat stuff, I won't buy anymore boat stuff...this year.

Hope you enjoy them! And get a great result out of them.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are they the same model and / or pitch? What kind of performance improvement are you after, top end or acceleration?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am after hole shot with hopefully no top end loss. I do not know the pitch, impros kept that a secret.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider
Is there a reason you went with dynafly vs concorde impellers? Solas makes them both.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got mine at Impros as well and got the performance you are expecting. Lot less cavitation when dropping the hammer from idle or no wake. Didn't lose any top speed, actually mine when up less than 1 mph but it's better than losing a mph. Impros sold me two of the same model and repitched at lest one if not both of them. I boat mostly at sealevel. I hope you get what you are after in them.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just picked up a pair of Dynaflys from Impros a couple of weeks ago too. Haven't had a chance to install them yet as the boat is still stored for winter and the lake still frozen.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length