• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mount Location Lowrence Hook 5 on 16' 242 Limited S

georgia8

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1st Question: I need some help on a mounting location for my Lowrence Hook 5 transducer, I have a 2016 Yamaha 242 limited S. So the issue is I want it mounted on the outside of the boat, with the new keel design the locations are limited. I don't want to mount it too low to where it is in the main stream and gets knocked loose or ripped off (happened to my brother this weekend). And I don't want to mount it too high and have to calculate in the bottom keel for depth. Pictures and a detailed description of where you mounted it and how its working for you (pros/cons) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2nd Question: Where do you tap into the power under the helm? So that I don't have to run a dedicated line to the GPS. Thanks again!

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure what your transducer looks like but I mounted mine to the ride plate on our 16' 242 Limited S e-series. It's right next to the stock one so it I don't have to worry about any turbulence disturbing the readings. I've only had in on the water once since install but it works great. As far as hooking up under the console, I ran a dedicated line from the battery to a new fuse box and tapped our Garmin into it. IMG_4527.JPGIMG_4528.JPG

georgia8

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply unfortunately we do not have the same system. We have a Lowrance hook 5, the transducer sticks out and the bracket is not flush.

georgia8

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure what your transducer looks like but I mounted mine to the ride plate on our 16' 242 Limited S e-series. It's right next to the stock one so it I don't have to worry about any turbulence disturbing the readings. I've only had in on the water once since install but it works great. As far as hooking up under the console, I ran a dedicated line from the battery to a new fuse box and tapped our Garmin into it. View attachment 56329View attachment 56330
What model GPS Garmen do you have?