• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mounting wires to interior fiberglass

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I ran a bunch of LED lights through out the boat and there are several spots were I need to attach the wires to the interior fiberglass of the boat to get them out of the way I thought about using duct tape but I know that won't hold with the heat and humidity down here anyone got any ideas or something you did? I guess I could tape them up and us silicon or something and just remove the tape once the silicon sets.

Zip tie cable clips - anything like that (from home depot etc):
self-adhesive-cable-clips.jpg

Set these in quick epoxy, don't worry about the adhesive. Fast and works quite well.

Zip tie cable clips - anything like that (from home depot etc):
self-adhesive-cable-clips.jpg

Set these in quick epoxy, don't worry about the adhesive. Fast and works quite well.

Never heard of them but that is perfect where they readily available at Home Depot or somewhere or do I need to try and find them online?

Hot melt glue also generally works well

Never heard of them but that is perfect where they readily available at Home Depot or somewhere or do I need to try and find them online?
I think any big box store will have these, also HF I think I saw it there.
May be a bit different, but same thing. I like quick epoxy on raw fiberglass. Same store.

--

Most of the time you will find the cable tie mounts with adhesive tape on the back, these won't stay on the fiberglass. You can buy them just remove the foam adhesive tape from the back before doing like @swatski mentioned, set them in a bed of quick dry epoxy.

What do the LEDs look like? Can you post a pic or two? Thx

Most of the time you will find the cable tie mounts with adhesive tape on the back, these won't stay on the fiberglass. You can buy them just remove the foam adhesive tape from the back before doing like @swatski mentioned, set them in a bed of quick dry epoxy.

Yeah that's what I found today plan to epoxy them in tomorrow the 3M tape is crap for conditions here in the south the heat and humidity in the summer destroys them fast.

What do the LEDs look like? Can you post a pic or two? Thx

I replaced the 4 factory courtesy lights with blue LED's added 7 LED speakers and 4 LED floor courtesy lights. The last pic will look a little funky one of the floor courtesy lights was miss packaged and was white instead of blue that has since been changed out but I don't have any recent pics this was right after the install. I did the LED strip lights on my last boat but once again they are all mounted with 3M tape and in the end they all started falling so I went this way this time as everything is screwed in so I don't have to mess with it again later.

led 1.jpeg LED 2.jpeg LED 3.jpeg LED 4.jpeg

@robert843 do you remember where you got these lights? They’re great.

And did you buy the speakers with the led lights or were they and add on?

Thx

@robert843 do you remember where you got these lights? They’re great.

And did you buy the speakers with the led lights or were they and add on?

Thx

Hey the replacement lights for the stock courtesy lights are below and I ordered four of the others as well and used them under the seats in the walk way speakers had led's in them

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--led-interior-step-light--12645057?recordNum=2

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--led-companionway-lights--P009_276_005_513?pCode=12645230

Back