• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Moving to AK. Need a Pilot house fishing boat!

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gorgeous boats!
I would like to ride any of them before committing. You may be surprised, just like YJBs they are not for everyone. I have not been on many of those but they tend to be light, a bit loud, and most if not all have modified-Vee hulls pretty flat at the stern. In offshore settings that equals pounding.

We pulled the trigger on a Parker mostly because that's what you see around here when the weather cools off. Steigers and Parkers.
For various reasons we liked Parkers, and a DV (deep vee) was the only option as I'm planning on doing some longer runs to the canyons here.
Parkers are also relative good value, and they run larger than most, for example a 23' (2320 SC) runs slightly over 31' LOA.

In general, I don't think you can go wrong going with what the locals do. Keep us posted, love to see what you will decide!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is the reasoning every time a new firearm shows up at home. When in Rome do as Romans do.
Funny. But wrong.
I think the key is local knowledge, not following general trends. But of course you know that.

There is not an all around boat for the Anchorage area. It all depends on what you wish to do and the amount of spare change in your piggy bank.
You wouldn't want a Freeman 42LR to fish those shallow inlets around Anchorage. Yes, it might work... but there are better choices. It would be like buying a grenade launcher for home defense; but wait... you are... in Texas... so that analogy may not work very well... lol. You probably already have one, don;t you, Betik??

For me, with my low level logic, best boat is the one most used. Lots of factors go into it.
We looked at Ranger Tugs, Axopars, etc., but at the end I wanted something I can hose off, leave the dock without too much too worry about.

--

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I find myself in need of a new style of boat. I’m looking for a coastal fishing boat, with an enclosed cabin. In the 20-25‘ range.
I’m open to all advice and suggestions.
I’m leaning toward a Hewescraft Ocean Pro. Hewescraft. Hewescraft Ocean Pro
Other contenders are:
Duck worth Navigator Home - Duckworth Welded Aluminum Boats
Thunder Jet Models Archive - Aluminum Boat Manufacturer - Thunder Jet

Bring on the opinions!
I love all of those.
Maybe add C-Dory brand to the list? Priced a little bit better, I think, similar to Parkers maybe when we looked.
People seem to love their shallow draft and great design, not aluminum but very strong bottoms.

--

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had overlooked C-Dory. I like that a bunch.
C-Dory list
I can’t find many available used, though. Considerably less expensive new, it looks like.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had overlooked C-Dory. I like that a bunch.
C-Dory list
I can’t find many available used, though. Considerably less expensive new, it looks like.
I knew a guy who had one, people love them; they are flat bottomed but can go crazy shallow and easy to trailer.

maybe I'm just getting older, but open water boating in the cold - I'm liking the idea of a cabin with a door, lol.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny. But wrong.
I think the key is local knowledge, not following general trends. But of course you know that.
--
What !!!?!! you mean the M50 with a tripod and tracer is an overkill ? They told them that is trilogy that compliments the cowboy boots and hat.