• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

MR-1 Confusion

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After reading some of the posts reguarding the differences between the MR-1 engines I am totally confused. I have a 2006 non HO SX230 that needs a engine, I have a opertunity to pick up a 2004 FX140 that supposedly has low hours and runs excellent for about the same as a engine from SBT. SBT does show the same part number for the ski and my boat. The problem is it is about 3 hours from me and the guy selling it really can’t or does not want to go looking for stickers on the engine. Does anyone know for sure if the engine in the ski is a direct replacement for the on in my boat?

I know that 2004 was the first year of the MR-1 HO engines in the skis (they get them one year before the boats). I believe if you want to scavenge a 2004 FX, you'll need to find an FX HO or FX Cruiser HO, not an FX140.

He has a non HO boat, why wouldn't he want the 140? It would be the same engine I do believe. The HO models are 160 horsepower motors.

Does anyone know how to read Yamaha part numbers? Started looking up engine part numbers for the ski and boat and there is one set of numbers that are not the same. Examples would be the oil pump, p/n for boat is 6B5-13300-00-00 for ski it is 6B5-13300-01-00. Throttle body for boat 6OE-13750-11-00 ski 6OE-13750-20-00. I checked 12 random parts and on most of them the third set of numbers is different. The injectors, crankshaft, and crankcase show the same part numbers

I think the last 4 numbers are revisions/versions or some other indicator (perhaps even manufacturer if there are multiples?) and not that important for cross reference. as long as the front matches you should be OK. This has been my impression when looking up old parts. Don't take my word for it, let's see if someone else can confirm.

Road trip scheduled for Saturday, seller got me some information. Model is a FX1000B which according to what I can see makes it a 2003 non ho, and it has 1059 hours on it.

Yikes! 1000 hours?
I read earlier that MR-1s could run up to 4000 hrs. with no issues, is this not true? I didn't think a engine run appropriately 60 hrs. a year was terrible.

There fx140 is the correct engine. (I bought 2 fx140s, but ended up fixing the boat engine with just head work). Now i have a ski too! I know the part numbers can be different and there are differences in the engines, especially on the intake. I think the skis have a iac valve to increase the throttle when turning at no throttle. Let me know if you need specific info, like the fsm for the ar230 or fx140, it engine questions. I've done a lot of mr1 research. Test compression before buying anything!

He is asking $2,500 for the ski with a trailer and is the original owner, I already told him I wanted to do a compression test before deal was done.

Back