• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mr-1 thermostat

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
item #32 on this page shows $59.49 , it looks like the same part number,

sometimes partpak will have better prices, not sure about aftermarket replacements

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
why do you think you need a thermostat? we don't usually see many of those go bad?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I agree with @Scottintexas . If your boat has been in fresh water Indiana I would not think you should have t-stat issues?

Seedogg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was just checking for reference because I had a overheat warning on starboard motor last time I was out. Today, I pulled my thermostats and this is what they looked like. Think a good cleaning will take care of it or replace them?93401

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd say replace
What is on them? It almost looks like algae growing?
I might pull the anode to see what it looks like and i would definitely consider crankygypsy's closed loop flush in the faq section

Seedogg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure what it is. I bought it in Florida in December. It had an overheat warning during sea trial. We did the reverse method and it was fine the rest of the sea trial. I have only had it out once since purchasing it.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I fear that same vegetation is through out your cooling system. I strongly urge you to flush those engines for a long time. @CrankyGypsy method is probably the best. You should make sure you separate the exhaust and flush flush flush.

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I doubt replacing the thermostats will solve the problem. I would just clean and test those - they'll be fine. if the rubber is bad and the housing leaks, just add some Yamabond.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of mine was stuck open. It took a few tries, and I learned that our Thermostat 60E-12411-01-00 is set to 50 degrees Celsius and sells for $80+...BUT

YAMAHA 6CE-12411-00-00 is 52 degrees Celsius and cheaper by more than half. works like charm so far. and 2C hotter is a rounding error.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Seedogg If all the various flushing methods prove unsuccessful, the cylinder water jackets may be plugged. Engine overheating

Seedogg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I never did update the thread, but I did get this worked out. I cleaned the thermostats and reinstalled. The entire cooling system was just fine. I could run 8500 RPM all day long with no issue. If I ran over 8500, the alert would come on. A shutdown and restart would clear it immediately. It ended up being a $200 temp sensor. I confirmed by swapping sensors with the port side and the alert followed to that motor. The part number was 6AA-85881-00-00. This part is only on the prestigious California motors I believe.