• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD MR-1 - Twin Engine Yamaha Perfect Pass $1000

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm reading the install thread trying to get the motivation I need to pull the trigger. . . . The first 2 pages aren't helping.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm reading the install thread trying to get the motivation I need to pull the trigger. . . . The first 2 pages aren't helping.
Its actually a relatively easy project. You can totally do this!! And it is awesome for surfing, just saying...

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know, I know. . . . But with my luck (even at this great price) it will sit for 2 years before I get around to installing it. . . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahhh Screw it. . . . I'll take it.

Worst case scenario hopefully it helps my resale value.

@Bruce - send me a PM so we can figure out payment/shipping.

The rest of you: start working on better excuses for the wife, good make up strategies, or worst case . . . . . recommendatons for a good divorce attorney.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Or you'll sell it new in box 2 years from now? :p

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, now we need an "unfunny" rating. . . .

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The rest of you: start working on better excuses for the wife, good make up strategies, or worst case . . . . . recommendatons for a good divorce attorney.
Oh just do as I do. I find something the wife knows nothing about such as cars or boats and make something up. So for example here I would tell the wife it appears the inline specs have fallen out of place on the rotary gurter on the boat and I need this part to fix it. Than I move on all is well!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh just do as I do. I find something the wife knows nothing about such as cars or boats and make something up. So for example here I would tell the wife it appears the inline specs have fallen out of place on the rotary gurter on the boat and I need this part to fix it. Than I move on all is well!
@robert843 Yeah, right. I bet you she would just think "OMG I'm married to someone who doesn't know $hit about Perfect Pass!", LOL. :D

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Yeah, right. I bet you she would just think "OMG I'm married to someone who doesn't know $hit about Perfect Pass!", LOL. :D
No if I talked to my girl about perfect pass she would think I was talking about football. So if I was buying it I wouldn't even call it perfect pass lol I would tell her it's called the rotary gurter inline sync

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No if I talked to my girl about perfect pass she would think I was talking about football. So if I was buying it I wouldn't even call it perfect pass lol I would tell her it's called the rotary gurter inline sync
Have you forgotten she has a forum account and is hours away from having your baby? I am not going to tag Victoria as I want you to live through the delivery!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
UPDATE - This unit is now BACK on the market for $1000, including shipping to CONUS.

@Bruce and I completed this transaction and I have the unit in my possession.

However, upon arrival and close inspection of the brackets I realized that this will only work on Twin (MR-1) Engine boats and NOT the later 1.8LHO engines as indicated earlier in this post.

Spoke with PP today and confirmed that the unit will not function on anything other than the MR-1's as it has a mechanical throttle and different mounting brackets.

This is a great deal for a new system at almost $400 less then new (shipped).

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Bump for a good product.

I bought one new last year. I wish this deal was around back then. It is a pricey toy, but if you do ANY tubing or wakeboarding, it is a (l/w)ifesaver. I have a 7 year old daughter that loves the tube, but keeping it steady at 16mph is a nightmare without PP. It is nice to "set it and forget it" and pay attention to the driving and not fighting the throttles.

The install is quite straightforward. The only trouble I had was mounting the speedo; I needed to enlarge the hole slightly. There were some great install guides here and on the "other" forum.

I don't use the PP every day, "but when I do", it works awesome :)

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tiger275

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny, for some reason this made me suddenly remember a short story I read in high-school: The Bottle Imp.

The super-cliff notes version is this: The bottle will grant any wish but it does so by making other bad things happen (ie: The protagonist wishes to be rich so a beloved - but wealthy - uncle dies). You can only sell the bottle (giving/throwing away won't work). You must sell it for less than you paid for it. If you die in possession of the bottle, you're soul goes to hell.

Things get interesting when the price hits 2 cents.

Not sure why I thought of that, but I think the moral is: Don't die in possession of Julian's old Perfect Pass. (Maybe the curse is lifted if you actually install it. :))

tiger275

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha ha . They made a twilight zone about this same paradox.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@biglar155 - It was actually @Bruce 's.

I'm buying another one that I WILL install. . . . . providing it actually fits my boat. = )