• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MR1 bearing color/size

Nikokrzynowek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is anyone here familiar with the main / crank bearing color to size? I’m building my engines in my boat and put all red/black bearings in. Main bearings are supposed to be .0002” - .0011” Just plastigauged all mains and 2 are out of spec. Two are +.0012”. I’m not sure if brown bearings would be smaller or if blue would be

Attachments

• IMG_6448.png
    IMG_6448.png
    659.7 KB · Views: 9
IMG_0115.jpegIMG_2454.jpeg
Sorry I can’t help you out and I’m going through somewhat the same thing myself, it’s interesting that your manual shows different bearing colors and a different math equation than mine. I have non HO engines and am wondering if that is why, still doesn’t explain the two sets of numbers on my crankcase.

My confusion is why does my crankcase have two sets of numbers.

Last edited:
Back