• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MR1 oil flow explained

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is what I found and I am going to lay it out for anyone else looking for answers for MR1 oil flow diagram. Here is how it flows, from my understanding on tearing a motor down and rebuilding.

• The oil starts in the oil pan
  • The oil pump sucks it up from there through an oil strainer in the pump gear cover (the output shaft cover)
  • Goes through the pump
  • Into the oil cooler at the bottom but drops into the tank at the top, this help cool it
  • Flows to the bottom of the oil cooler, through another oil strainer (this is where our oil sucker goes down to and stops, durning an oil change)
  • Back into the oil pump
  • Out of the oil pump into the block
  • through the oil filter
  • out of the oil filter, splits into two different passages
    • It turns left and goes into the main bearings and connecting rod bearings
      • it drips back into the oil pan
    • It goes straight up, through a 90 degree copper pipe, through the oil pressure switch, into the head
      • hits both cams and then drips back into the oil pan
  • starts all over again

It you have low oil pressure, check those two oil strainers first, then look at the motor.