• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My '18 212x Surf Setup Results

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I installed a Ridesteady over the winter... huge for keeping the speed consistent and both driver & rider happy.
I installed TVWs, but wasn't finding the wave with jet wash deflector and 1000 lbs. to be big enough to really enjoy. Yes, we can surf port and starboard at same time, but wave just isn't big and felt we were just trying to surf w/o the rope and weren't able to carve or have much fun in the wave. Maybe I'm doing it wrong... 1000 pounds on deck, all onboard ballasts full. Could barely get to 10.5mph w/ 2 people on the boat moving weight to the front, etc. Sorry , no pics of this setup...

So, I'm using the bolt on Wakebooster (on one side obviously) w/ TVWs, yet no jet wash deflector, and anywhere from 700~1000 pounds centered on the deck and getting a much larger, smoother wave. I keep it center so I can move wake booster from side to side depending on who is riding. On board ballast is surf side full, non-surf side empty, center 50% full. 1~4 people sitting on surf side (1~2 rear, 1~2 in bow).
Ran this all during week of July 4 at Table Rock with no issues. Just took time to dial it in. And time to drive there from our home in Ohio.... Table Rock is a great meeting place for our family from all over the country. It was a great week!

Pics of my teens and myself. Wife is not convinced she wants to do watersports just yet... someday.
1EA00169-39DE-47DE-A769-231BDD11F194.jpeg2DE11421-8F4C-4067-98E8-A1C57945284C.jpegD61952B7-B51F-42FD-AC46-9426055F42C2.jpeg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Excellent looking wave! Water color looks amazing too!

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looks like the TVWs with their pointed jet deflector built in in conjunction with the wake booster pushing that water into the center is a good combo. Technically the jetwash deflector should be doing the same thing as a wakewedge in theory, but i think it misses the mark. Otherwise you would have had a good wave with that combo. A wakewedge with the TVWs makes a great wave, seen tons of people with that combo. Now the TVWs with the wakebooster does similar.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing your set up. Maybe I’ll try draining the non-surf side factory ballast instead of just adding mor weight to the surf side.

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Looks like the TVWs with their pointed jet deflector built in in conjunction with the wake booster pushing that water into the center is a good combo. Technically the jetwash deflector should be doing the same thing as a wakewedge in theory, but i think it misses the mark. Otherwise you would have had a good wave with that combo. A wakewedge with the TVWs makes a great wave, seen tons of people with that combo. Now the TVWs with the wakebooster does similar.
Yes, the Jetwash deflector just isn't big. Any bigger though and I would think it has to 'pick a side,' which the wedge obviously does. I'm not aware of a boat that has huge waves on both sides at the same time unless it's an ocean liner. The jetwash deflector is a good effort. We just like BIG waves. Sure, several can move the wave back and forth with a button.... someday.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes, the Jetwash deflector just isn't big. Any bigger though and I would think it has to 'pick a side,' which the wedge obviously does. I'm not aware of a boat that has huge waves on both sides at the same time unless it's an ocean liner. The jetwash deflector is a good effort. We just like BIG waves. Sure, several can move the wave back and forth with a button.... someday.
i think will should experiment with a bigger unit that also works in conjunction with the wakebooster. So kinda slide mechanism that you use to move the dominant side to. My 255xd cant use a wake wedge as the built in booster covers the mounting point, similar with the add on booster, you are tying up the eyelet that the wedge uses to connect to.

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Montara Surf Boss two rope-less and surfable waves
Nice! I stand corrected. Guess it just keeps evolving. Double the size of those waves and I'll be pretty interested. I want my 212x waves to be bigger too. But I think I've maxed out. So who has the biggest jet surf wave out there? Maybe I should post that as a new thread...