• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2014 upgrades

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm getting a late start this time around but better late than never right? Here is what I have so far:

For the Boat and Trailer: Batman emblems to replace the "242" on the sides, CF Numbers, Fender Hooks, bimini thumb screws and a Marine Radio, Veve guide pads from beyond the wake, safety chains with self locking hooks, a Tall / Medium Duty Bottle Jack, six cans of spray on truck bed liner, two additional magnetic brake lockout keys

For the Waverunners and Trailer: Overton "Premium" PWC Covers, Manual (Bilge) Pump, four cans of spray on truck bed liner.

Miscellaneous Items: 4 gpm wash down pump kit (with 2 year extended warranty) to rebuild my electric water gun with, new water shoes mostly for use on the waverunners made by black tip I think this is the same company that competes with hydro turf (same emblem anyway), new matching visor and a new dog life vest/personal floating device (PFD). My wife bought this ($50ish) justified it by saying the dog would be more comfortable in it because the floatation is on the bottom of the vest not like the current vest on which the floatation is at the top (this and she said the handle on the current old one is ripping), we test fitted it and she didn't look any happier about wearing the new one than she does wearing the current one.

I have more on order for the boat and both vehicles, so for a few more days it will feel a little like X-mas or a B-day when I get home to a package for me. Now I just have to set aside some time to install / use all this stuff.

P3312569.JPG P3312572.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are a few more pics (I just found out, by accident, that the picture limit per post is 12).

P3312604.JPG P3312602.JPG

Attachments

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like some fun times with all the new toys there! :thumbsup:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wish but a lot of what I've gotten so far is replacing preexisting but worn out items. I hope I never have to use the marine radio. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think painting the trailers will be fun but even the items I'm looking forward to will require some work to prep and install (e.g. the sound deadening material and hydro turf). More to come.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish but a lot of what I've gotten so far is replacing preexisting but worn out items. I hope I never have to use the marine radio. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think painting the trailers will be fun but even the items I'm looking forward to will require some work to prep and install (e.g. the sound deadening material and hydro turf). More to come.
Still beats doin' yard work.......or vacuuming!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agreed, I take pleasure in upgrading things on my boat. Yard work feels like the chore that it is.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very cool Ronnie. Keep posting pics as it goes. You always seem to help me get motivated to upgrade stuff haha.

I'm also curious how the trailer comes out.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your thread from the other site is still a source of inspiration. I was just checking it out the other day.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the words of encouragement and compliments.

I just found another package on the side of the house. It looks like it was delivered yesterday. Unfortunately it rained throughout the day yesterday and again last night so the box it came in just about fell apart in my hands. If it was the guide pads or some other item that is normally exposed to the elements I wouldn't be concerned but this is the air spring compression system for my tow vehicle and I think I'm in over $200 for this alone (without the air springs themselves). It's ironic that the box says, "Buy with confidence. Buy from Air Lift." when this was shipped directly from Air Lift and the box looks like something a stray cat would live in (one with very low standards). Still I'm looking forward to installing this along with the air springs and hopefully to a better/safer ride.

P4012611.JPG

Attachments

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ronnie can you post the link to the doggie PFD??

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's quite the list of new toys. You're giving the UPS guy/gal a workout. I installed an air-lift compressor and a Firestone air bag set in my Tacoma a year or two ago. Love it!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's quite the list of new toys. You're giving the UPS guy/gal a workout. I installed an air-lift compressor and a Firestone air bag set in my Tacoma a year or two ago. Love it!!!
After yesterday's incident I hope the rest of my stuff is being sent by FedEx or the USPS. Lesson learned, the first thing I did when I got home from work tonight was check for packages on the side yard but was disappointed when I realized nothing had been delivered today.

I ordered 17' x 4.5' roll of sound deadening material a few days ago but only noticed the bill which included shipping today, $55 to ship, hopefully it's the size not the weight that caused the shipping fees to be so high. On a related note, I also ordered a small trim piece (smaller than an average Frisbee) for one of my waverunners from Yamaha Sports Plaza in Seattle. Got charged $15 for shipping and I assume handling, ouch, hopefully they did more than just stuff it in an envelope and toss it in the outgoing usps mail box but they certainly didn't send it overnight.

I'm not sure yet if I will install the air suspension system or pay someone to do it but I leaning towards doing it myself with the help of a friend who has installed them before. I'm glad to hear that you like your air system as this was one of those purchases that I had a hard time justifying since I've gone without it for years now.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the air lift springs on my F-150, manual fill, and I love them! Hold air all the time and I think it rides much better with the weight on it then without. You may notice a little rougher ride as they say to leave 5psi minimum in the bags at all times.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the air lift springs on my F-150, manual fill, and I love them! Hold air all the time and I think it rides much better with the weight on it then without. You may notice a little rougher ride as they say to leave 5psi minimum in the bags at all times.
Good to know, I'm still waiting for the bags and a bunch of other stuff from etrailer. There is a $50 rebate on the bags and another $50 on the air system that is going on until June I think.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The sheet of hydro turf I ordered came in today. I'm going to replace the stock lower swim deck turf with this but I'll make it a single piece so there will no longer be a gap in the middle. I replaced the other stock pieces (and than some) last year. so this should round out and finish that project. It looks like I will have a lot left over which I'll probably use on some spots on the trailer. Incidentally, this sheet was $120 with the PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive/glue) and would have been more than enough to replace all of the stock pieces. Where as the pre-cut kit is $230 with PSA by default. Shipping was $16, tax another $13.

I also got two trailer traction pad kits but I plan to exchange these since I wanted them in grey (their website says that they only come in grey) plus I don't want their logo on it. $25 each with PSA by default. If I'm advertising for them they should be paying me, not the other way around.

The magazine was unexpected and a pleasant surprise, until my wife walked into the room and saw our 11 year old son browsing through it, he definitely wasn't looking at the jetskis or hydroturf on them.
P4032619.JPG P4032622.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got home just in time to take delivery of this sound suppression material that I ordered from McMaster Carr Good thing to since the FedEx guy was early. I would have been pissed if I got home on time only to miss the delivery because he was early. What good is an appointment these days? This isn't a date or job interview.

Anyway, McMaster Carr carries hush cloth, the same material that SeaRay uses in its quiet ride system. This is supposed to be comparable but with a tear resistant foil face and its black foam instead of white/grey. I was surprised to see that this came on a mini pallet since I was able to lift and carry it in the box(es) it came in to my "boat mod storage room" with one arm. At first I was wondering if they sent me the wrong material since it was so light and didn't seem to be an inch thick as advertised. It looks like everything is correct, I will find out soon enough if it does as expected according to the specs. I suppose I should take some baseline decibel readings the next time I go out. It definitely doesn't feel as sturdy as the material I put in my previous Yamaha jet boat which was also one inch thick, foil faced black foam but it was mounted to a think and stiff plastic or rubber board. Time will tell.

P4042631.JPG
P4042632.JPG
P4042634.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking about that but I recall paying a lot to ship large items even when they are light (got burned a few times estimating the shipping on items I sold on ebay), I'm guessing that they charged me $10 to $20 for the pallet. The FedEx guy pulled it into my garage with pallet jack, talk about overkill at the same time he probably has to lift and move stuff like this all the time v. my every once in a while situation.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I plan to start installing things tomorrow even though I'm still compiling my upgrades for the year. Today my wife texted, "The UPS guy just delivered 5 boxes for you." It was like a mini Christmas when I got home. Here is what came in today:

6 channel marinized amp. (I forgot I ordered this, it's bigger than I remember too).
2 gopro hero 3 batteries and wall charger
A wedge/brake for an as yet undelivered F2 trailer jack
Air bags for suspension on my tow vehicle
A front hitch for both my tow vehicles (incidentally, the curt is smaller and lighter (no tow hooks) and was made in the U.S., the Drawtite is bigger and heavier (with tow hooks) and was made in Mexico).

P4112647.JPG

Attachments