• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2014 upgrades

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
P3142551.JPG P3142552.JPG

Here is a pic of the first upgrade I've purchased this year. It's small and cheap but still very important.
It's a receiver lock to replace the one I've had for over 10 years now (also pictured) which is becoming more and more difficult to install and remove (it feels like the lock is binding). I like the new one because it's a little easier to use in that the key fits in the side of the lock so I don't have to spin the lock around to get it off or put it on the pin. I also like the way the key hole cover slides into place v. being held to the pin with a small flap of plastic. The cover and the rubber end on my old pin failed after or so years of use. By the way I got it at Walmart but I've also seen it at Pepboys for $15 which is cheaper than the pin it replaced. I still find it ironic that we rely so heavily on this inexpensive part to hold our relatively expensive boats. "$50K riding on $15".

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also use one of those and agree tht it is a weak point.