• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My annual boat trip to Old Sacramento

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It just started for the third time yesterday and has been great so far. We were on the water for 62 miles yesterday, it took us 5 hours but that is because we stopped to eat and generally took out time as we were in no rush. If my son felt like it we could have pulled him behind the boat for hours. Last year I think we had him on a tube for 1.5 hours straight, he could have used a Bimini on the thing at Lear for that session.

Anyway, I digress. We stay at the embassy suites on the water. It situated next to one of two entrances/exits to the old sacramento guest docks and is also sits on the border of old sacramento bu is walking distance to downtown (my wife loves it for the shopping and we plan to take in a movie today). I got great boat parking as I can see the boat from the hotel. Overnight fees are $1 per foot, plus $15 if you use their shore power terminals and another $15 (for the entire stay) of you reserve the spot a head of time. I didn't use the shore power but did reserve so my cost was $63 for the weekend.

We were able to bring our dog / service pet along so that is great as well. As usual we got a lot of compliments on the boat wherever we dock it. I was pleasantly surprised to see at least two other ya is on the water yesterday, one was a 212 and the other an ar 230. While walking the dog last night I got to see an unexpected fireworks show put on by the city (they have an end of summer festival every Labor Day weekend but I don't recall fireworks in previous years.

Observations of note: 1. The cork I installed in the anchor locker is really doing a good job of keeping water from being forced into that compartment while we are in no wake mode. Yamaha really should have fixed this a while back. 2. No body wanted to get into the river yesterday even though the high was in the mid 90s, so we, including the dog, were often at the back while in a no wake zone using the fresh water shower to cool down. That feature never came in so handy until yesterday. 3. The ability to lock the head, floor compartment gave me a lot of piece of mind last night, the locks on the anchor locker and swim deck not so much. The helm lock is cool but the compartment is still accessible through the bow seat, still it's better than nothing protecting hundreds in neoprene life vests. 4. Three no wake speeds and cruise assist are great. It made driving in the boat easier for both my son and wife yesterday so that I could be a passenger for what seems the first time this year. I like sitting in the bow. It's no perfect pass but it is an improvement over the single no wake mode in previous yamahas which had no cruise assist at all. After a day like yesterday and considering all the use I got out of it this year I am over the excitement surrounding the 2015 models. In my mind I could not ask for more from a boat (at least not with out paying a lot more for the incremental features).

Well I'm off to start my day boating in the area and BBQing at the local hot spot / skiers beach (I.e., discovery park) where the American and Sacramento rivers meet. I may even get a game of corn hole in since the city has it set up as part of their festival. I have other pics but it will have to wait until I get home to post them since they are on other cameras.

I hope you all continue to have a safe but fun Labor Day weekend.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
awesome, sounds like fun. Your boat looks nice from that angle. Did anybody get in your boat while parked that you could seE?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not that I could see but it could happen anytime as I only looked every few hours. Just do what everyone else does and put all valuables out of sight (I also lock everything I can up), some cover their boats as well, most don't. In three trips like this and at least 2 day trips I've have not had any issues related to the guest dock.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie that sounds like an awesome trip. I don't know how I missed the original post. Maybe I was out on the water too ;).

Ps. Beautiful looking boat too.