• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Bilge pump not working

wan888

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I did just that yesterday ....... had much fun with this boat. Starting to love it .......

Last edited:

wan888

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
1599966762305.png1599966762305.png

1599966790437.png
1599966817706.png
1599966858417.png

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
It hurts a little just reading that engine comment. lol

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I tried to run my bilge pump last season and realized that it wasn’t working. It made me wonder how many times I’d been out and it hadn’t been working. My bilge generally stays dry, so I’ve never needed the bilge pump, but I sure would want it to be working if I ever needed it. I’ve now become more diligent about checking my bilge pump to ensure that it’s working before each boating trip. If you haven’t done it, you can reach down and turn a knob on the bilge pump that lifts the float to demonstrate that the pump will run if there’s enough water in the bilge to lift the float. That’s if you have the Sahara S750 bilge pump that came with my boat.

I thought that the bilge pump switch at the driver’s station might be bad due to a different switch issue that I had had, so I think that I swapped out the bilge switch for the courtesy light switch and came to the conclusion that the switch wasn’t the problem. Then I bought a new bilge pump thinking the bilge pump may have failed, but that wasn’t the problem. At that point I wired the bilge pump directly to the battery. There are circuit diagrams for the Sahara S750 that you can find online that make wiring the bilge pump directly to the battery fairly easy. This actually worked well and got me through last season.

Finally, it occurred to me that the bilge pump circuit breaker on the battery switch panel could be the problem in the original bilge pump circuit, so I ordered a replacement circuit breaker. The reset button on the original circuit breaker didn't feel quite right. Below is an image of the original circuit breaker. The lettering is backwards, because I needed to use a mirror to get an image of the part marking on the side of the circuit breaker. The bilge pump circuit breaker is the second one in from the end. I ordered a 1680-227-050 | 5A 250VAC 50VDC (GLS Stock: 1010492) circuit breaker from greatlakesskipper.com for $5 each. I replaced the circuit breaker, and sure enough that was it. The original bilge pump circuit now works. I probably could have done a better job troubleshooting the electrical system, but I’m glad it’s now back to the original electrical circuit. Again, I’d suggest turning on the bilge pump to test it before each boating trip, but maybe most folks do this already.

Attachments