• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My boat is cold in Michigan, hows Kentucky in March?

ElJefe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
New to the forum so I should say hello first. We have a 2018 Scarab 215 Wake Edition, blue with the impact graphics. Love the boat!

We're looking at taking a spring break (March 25th) road trip. We're new to Michigan (formerly Texas) and this area of the country in general. I was thinking Kentucky may be the perfect balance of distance (7-8 hours) and getting to warmer temps. Any suggestions on lakes or other areas/states?

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
While we would love to have you visit the beautiful BlueGrass state , March is NOT the best time for boating !! Better drive a few more hours south ? Besides that most of our best lakes (Cumberland / Dale Hollow) are flooded with water and debris from record high water levels. I can't even get on the marina where my boat is stored (Jamestown) to check on it.

ElJefe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
While we would love to have you visit the beautiful BlueGrass state , March is NOT the best time for boating !! Better drive a few more hours south ? Besides that most of our best lakes (Cumberland / Dale Hollow) are flooded with water and debris from record high water levels. I can't even get on the marina where my boat is stored (Jamestown) to check on it.
Yikes. That's a bummer for sure. I appreciate the info, very helpful.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You might get lucky and have some decent temps here in late March (50s or maybe in the 60s) somedays , BUT the water on Lake Cumberland has lots of shore wash debris sometimes until later in the spring when the water gets real clear. Not good for outdrives either but a real PITA for jet boats.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Although I'm in the same boat (pun intended), May I suggest coming to Wisconsin during the summer for a quick weekend getaway. Plenty of lakes and we just might have a get together this summer for the Wisco and a few of the FIBS to come up. We like Michigonians....

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Although I'm in the same boat (pun intended), May I suggest coming to Wisconsin during the summer for a quick weekend getaway. Plenty of lakes and we just might have a get together this summer for the Wisco and a few of the FIBS to come up. We like Michigonians....
Or are the Michigainers...? :bored:
Welcome to the best forum ever @ElJefe!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is it Michigainers or Michigonians or Michiganites?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it Michigainers or Michigonians or Michiganites?
I guess its whatever floats your boat... (pun intended)

ElJefe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Still new to Michigan but I think it's either Michigangster or Michigander ;)

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Still new to Michigan but I think it's either Michigangster or Michigander ;)
As a life long Michigan resident I’ll chime in here and put this to rest. Michigander is what we go by.

Wisconsin is in my to do list and specifically lake geneva. Hopefully gonna make it out there for a long weekend this summer.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As a life long Michigan resident I’ll chime in here and put this to rest. Michigander is what we go by.

Wisconsin is in my to do list and specifically lake geneva. Hopefully gonna make it out there for a long weekend this summer.
Lake Geneva is nice, too many FIBS on the weekend for my liking. You should hit Winnebago or Green Lake or head up north to chain of lakes.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
March 4th......Was 12deg when I left the house this morning. Supposed to be a high of around 23 or so. This is the Louisville, KY area. Some of the more southern areas are a few degrees warmer.

As mentioned above. Spring raingfall usually keeps the water temps cool until Late May or so, as well as filled with lots of debris. If you need a late winter break......keep heading south.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Since you asked about the weather in KY; it’s 23F, and snowing right now!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Snow flurries here in Bama this morning. We had deadly tornados yesterday my family and daughter was stuck in coming back from Georgia through Montgomery, AL. It has been raining for all of Feb and lots of flooding. You can forget boating on rivers here for a while due to all the debris.

Yea you better keep going south. Wayyyyy south.

ElJefe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'm holding back tears of sadness while trying to decide if I'm ready to tow the boat to Florida. Thanks all for the info and I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for warmer temps.