• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My first mod install! NOCO Genius charger

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I finally got around to start working on the boat today after many weeks of recovery after surgery and I am very happy with the results!

I installed a NOCO Genius GENPRO10X2 for the starter and house batteries and connected it to the same outlet as my trolling motor charger which has been installed by a local installer. I used a heavy duty extension cord and connected it to a splitter with GFCI, which I all taped to make sure no moisture gets in. I was very happy when I found out that the inside of the battery compartment is starboard; I was expecting fiberglass.

Since fishing cables is a PITA, (and it was tight too!!!) I made sure to run the extra power cable for an added circuit (next project) at the same time as the extension cord.

Here are some pics...

Before:
IMG_1177.jpg

Fisher rod going in... it's a fairly short run but was not easy, I had to make sure the rod got on the left side of the gas tank mounting bracket which is right on the other side of the hole.
IMG_1178.jpg
IMG_1176.jpg

I taped the cables to the rod, then the cables together as well... this step is crucial and I knew too well from a past life running cables... do not cheap out on tape! I also had to insert the end of the extension cord manually first as the connector wouldn't have followed well. On the other side I made sure it was coming out the right way too.
IMG_1179.jpg

Pulling the cables had a bit of friction due to the hole being a little tight, but once it came out on the other end, it became easier to pull it and I had no problem adjusting both sides and tighten everything.

IMG_1181.jpg

You can see the gas tank bracket there

IMG_1182.jpg

After that it was pretty easy, just connect the charger to each battery, positive first, then negative... tidy up and zip tie everything.

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg
Tape the power connectors
IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

End result:
IMG_1187.jpg

I even had room for the (second) fire extinguisher
IMG_1189.jpg

And I also have the power cable ready for the next project of adding a circuit!
IMG_1196.jpg

It is alive!

IMG_1190.jpg

Attachments