• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My morning commute didn't suck today

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh nothing... just going to the office.

I live on Long Island NY and at the moment have to go to Connecticut to work. Overall, it doesn't save me time (once you factor in trailering, launching, and trolling through no-wake zones). But at least there is no traffic, and that's priceless.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Booya...Winner!!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LUCKY!!! That would be awesome.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice. Where do you drop in? Port Jeff?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
What do you do with it while at work? If you have a dock at the office, that would be utopia.

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not quite. But the town has transient slips for free and they are close enough to the office.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SWEET! How much time does it add to your commute? Not that it matters much, as you can enjoy a beer and some boating on the way home!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha.
When I was job searching in Panama City I applied for a job just because I could have taken the boat straight from the marina (about 3/4 mile from my house) to that place. Probably would have cut the travel time in half compared to driving....I never got a call back, I really wasn't qualified for it, but the thought of driving the boat to work was cool:)

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
SWEET! How much time does it add to your commute? Not that it matters much, as you can enjoy a beer and some boating on the way home!
It adds another 30-60 minutes compared to driving, even though the distance is much shorter on the boat. No wake zones are the main reason.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haha.
When I was job searching in Panama City I applied for a job just because I could have taken the boat straight from the marina (about 3/4 mile from my house) to that place. Probably would have cut the travel time in half compared to driving....I never got a call back, I really wasn't qualified for it, but the thought of driving the boat to work was cool:)
That might be the definition of a boating addict!

I'm not good at my job, but I stay because I can boat to the office. :D

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boating to the office......I don't think that happens here in Oklahoma! :rolleyes:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's worth the extra effort. Even if it's just once a week on a friday. Especially if you can cut out early in the afternoon. Either way, if it helps you keep your sanity....

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Seriously. I love just getting into a boat and heading to breakfast. If I could make the commute, I'd be in heaven.