• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My new Secret Ballast Addition

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone guess what it is? Cam.IMG_20170224_230807.jpg

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is that an electric-valved drain plug replacement to fill the bilge?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmmm...three wires. Probably not a solenoid. Some type of analog device? Pressure transducer?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Parker pump????

--

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's a Gems solenoid valve but not sure of your intended, brilliant use. Can't wait to hear....

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
An auto shutoff switch ?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree with @Seadeals. Guessing you will install that inside of the drain plug hole and flood the bilge for ballast.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys are all close. That is a vacuum switch. I am on a quest for 100% reliable shutoff of my ballast pumps when the tanks are full and empty. The level switches I built for the full ballast tank, work 100% reliable, but the same style of switch was only about 50% reliable when used to detect if the bag was empty. Oddly enough, they worked great the first season and then hit and miss afterwards. I tested my ballast pump and when the bag is empty it draws 10" of vacuum (at the bag) since the check valve in the vent hose blocks air ingress and allows the bag to wrinkle up. My plan is to use these vacuum switches as the low level switch in my system. These vacuum switches are adjustable 5 to 15 inches. The three wires are since it has an open and closed contact. Cam.

Jim Nichols

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You guys are all close. That is a vacuum switch. I am on a quest for 100% reliable shutoff of my ballast pumps when the tanks are full and empty. The level switches I built for the full ballast tank, work 100% reliable, but the same style of switch was only about 50% reliable when used to detect if the bag was empty. Oddly enough, they worked great the first season and then hit and miss afterwards. I tested my ballast pump and when the bag is empty it draws 10" of vacuum (at the bag) since the check valve in the vent hose blocks air ingress and allows the bag to wrinkle up. My plan is to use these vacuum switches as the low level switch in my system. These vacuum switches are adjustable 5 to 15 inches. The three wires are since it has an open and closed contact. Cam.
Great idea! Where did you find them?

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These are GEMS but China Bay has them too. Cam.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks similar to the pressure switches we use on our vehicle and industrial system valves (fire extinguishers).

Attachments