• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My shrinkwrap guy just confirmed

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Closing up the 212 for the season October 4th:depressed: Its a bit early but truthfully once football season rolls around I never seem to use it anyway.
Must say the boat was great this season and I had a outstanding summer with her.:thumbsup:

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Same here, I figure next weekend will be my last.. Was an awesome summer though.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I usually put it away right around then as well, but have a golf trip planned that week. Took it out for the last time the other day and I am already looking forward to next year. Started running Yamaha Ring Free in every fill-up this year and I must say that the boat is running better than ever (knock on wood).

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol. NFL Sunday Ticket on the iPad paired with the boats Bluetooth is awesome. The fall boating season is just beginning. Another reason why I won't leave Texas....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sooo what are the pros and cons of shrink wrapping a boat for the winter?
The only con I know is that you may increase your chance of mold if you have anything wet inside the hull when you wrap it.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Football starts and most of my friends won't go boating anymore. Oh well.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I started running marine stabil in my gas the last 30 gallons. My guy will be doing the bed time Oil changes and usual annual stuff, he always runs the motors on a special mix of gas and stabil.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Columbus Day is usually our last outing.
Can't believe the season is done! :(

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We will still go out pretty much all winter but not as much and no swimming. But some of the best days are on the lake when it is cool - No body else on the lake and shy is always so blue! We just hang out and enjoy the sun and relax. But all in the main season is over. I run marine stabil all year. I do put fuel injector cleaner in every summer as well. I haven't used heard of the Yamaha Ring Free. What does it do?

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm trying to decide if I keep my boat in the garage this winter (and have the snowmobiles in the shed) or if I wrap the boat and give myself a little more room in the garage (and keep the snowmobiles in the garage).

Will probably decide in two weeks, then I'll drop her off at the dealer. I have a bunch of crap that I need done (winterize and wrap... but I have a couple error codes showing up on my tac's and I'm worried it might be the ECM).

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Same here. It is for the most part put away but need to fill tank put fuel treatment t in and run it for awhile to get it thru the motors. Fog, wax, antifreeze and done.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How much does the shrink wrap cost? I think it could be a good option to keep the sun from hitting my cover all winter.

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$8.00 per foot around here.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My shrink wrap guy never called back after 3 attempts and the dealer wants $18 a foot!!! Yikes! I just bit the bullet and ordered all the equipment to shrink wrap it myself. I've seem it done enough times and watched all the vids. After 3 years all the stuff is paid for and its all savings from there. @Evil Sports who wrapped your boat and what did they charge?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My shrink wrap guy never called back after 3 attempts and the dealer wants $18 a foot!!! Yikes! I just bit the bullet and ordered all the equipment to shrink wrap it myself. I've seem it done enough times and watched all the vids. After 3 years all the stuff is paid for and its all savings from there. @Evil Sports who wrapped your boat and what did they charge?
Good idea! Find a few easy boats to wrap and pay it off quicker.

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
May be a little late now, but there are plenty of savings to be had if you purchase a generic propane/weed torch(<$50) over a dedicated shrink wrap heat gun($500+ new). Some may not like that suggestion but I actually prefer the cheaper torch.

Either way good luck with the shrink wrapping! When in doubt, just remember being a perfectionist here isn't the way to go. Better to have a few light wrinkles than over doing it and burning holes in the wrap.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought all the stuff to shrink wrap my boat three years ago. Three of us went in on the equipment together. Broke even after the first year. Best part it's a great way to get together to wrap up the boating season(pun intended) and have a few beers!