• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My simple mod

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

I like it. I have been looking for a way to incorporate the throwable into the boat.

I like it. I have been looking for a way to incorporate the throwable into the boat.
I keep mine wedged between the captains seat and side wall. One strap loops over the integrated fire extinguisher cap/holder. Your 2007 may differ.

That's awesome @Evil Sports my buddy and I were just talking tonight about whether or not to replace my middle cushion I lost. He made the suggestion of just randomly finding something to put ther instead of buying a new one. I dismissed it as I really couldn't think of anything that would work. This will do the trick.

... so .. @JetBoatPilot your turn to make an accepted TYPE 4 throwable approved cushion that is acceptable by the CG to be placed in that location!

... so .. @JetBoatPilot your turn to make an accepted TYPE 4 throwable approved cushion that is acceptable by the CG to be placed in that location!

We had a Sheriff board us during a routine courtesy check once....he checked for everything from soup to nuts. When he asked about the throwable I pointed to my wife who was sitting on it at the time. He gave us all kinds of grief, claiming that it , "Isn't readily accessible if someone is sitting on it" well, it had been a long day and I let the guy have it. I told him he was full of it, how much faster could she get to it? If it was in a compartment it would take much longer to retrieve and throw. I kept jawing at him...are you done? This is over, have a nice day...basically - get the eff off my boat!
Some guys just push the wrong buttons. :mad:

LOL, that Sheriff had some nerve. I could understand him giving you grief if your fire extinguishers were in the red needing charging, your navigation light had the red light broken, and your kid was wearing an adult life jacket that didn't fit... but if all he could do was complain that your Type4 throwable was being sat on... ROFL! Mine is in my head compartment and 9 times out of 10 I have to do something just to finagle the door open... even then it's likely on the top of everything and hopefully not buried.

I thought the throwable had to be readily accessible - as in not in a compartment. I have 3....my wife sits on top of 2 of them because she's short and like to see over the passenger dash. I always sit on the flip up bolster.... but I have another throwable that is between the back of the seat and the flip up bolster. So I'm not technically sitting on it, it's just pinched in there. But honestly, he didn't want you sitting on it? What better way to know exactly where it is vs. having to fish it out from next to a seat or in a compartment.

I see these things floating in the water all the time because they fly out of people's boats, so I agree that sitting on it keeps that from happening and you know exactly where it is as you said.

Back