• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2024 255XD Build/Mods

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looks like the sound insulation is done well on your boat!
Yeah, it’s much quieter than the 242X we had.

Now that you have tried the cones do you think you’ll be going with the twin screw impellers to eliminate your cavitation ?

I feel like once adjusted correctly, the L13 cones should get rid of most of the cavitation. But if it remains an issue, I’m not against swapping impellers.

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just thought I would get a thread started to keep up with the things I am working on.

I've got a list as long as both my arms of the stuff I would like to do so I'll try to update regularly with photos and info.

Round #1 of parts on order currently:
- 48" guide posts
- Slick Stick guide post cover in black
- Oil Catch Cans (Amazon Special - didn't seem necessary to throw more than $25-30 at something as simple as an oil catch can)
- Lucky 13 Pump Cones
- Riva Racing Intake Manifold Upgrade (Ribbon Deletes)
- RIva Racing Blow Off Valve Kits
- Riva Racing Vacuum Port Adapter (to avoid drilling the manifold)
- Jet Boat Pilot 3D Registration #s to match my interior
- Stoltz Bow Roller
- Flame Arrester conical style air filters to get rid of the ariboxes

Round #2 coming soon - the wife insists that I fix the stereo quickly.

Will any of these mods give the boat a better exhaust note? Exhaust, the stereo and the carpet are the only things I would change in my AR 250. Stereo is underway, carpet is up next but I have not heard of anything to make the boat sound better

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Will any of these mods give the boat a better exhaust note? Exhaust, the stereo and the carpet are the only things I would change in my AR 250. Stereo is underway, carpet is up next but I have not heard of anything to make the boat sound better
Nothing I’m doing will change the exhaust note.

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thay are 4cyl and have a certain note that won't change and on plane the exhaust is well above water level .........open type exhaust.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thay are 4cyl and have a certain note that won't change and on plane the exhaust is well above water level .........open type exhaust.
After it passes through the water lock(s) correct?

TommyMcK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I love these sorts of threads. Good stuff. For the uninitiated amongst us, what improvement does the conical suppresser/filter make?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I love these sorts of threads. Good stuff. For the uninitiated amongst us, what improvement does the conical suppresser/filter make?
More air flow.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Got my stereo upgrade finished today. Was rushing and was too hot, so I forgot to take photos. But it sounds great. I’ll get some photos later this week when we’re out on it being lazy. Thanks again to @jacoviii for helping me out with custom harnesses to convert factory inputs/outputs to RCAs and speaker wire.