• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Stupid Mistake

nstahack512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been boating my whole life, so I should have caught this. Per everyone's recommendation, I replaced the front roller BUT I didn't take the bolt into account, missed the trailering load out and scratched the gelcoat. Lesson learned....
IMG_2114.JPG
IMG_2115.JPG

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you sure it was the bolt? Mine has hit the metal tab between the center and side rollers and scratched the gel coat.

nstahack512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always keep this in mind “it’s just a boat & can be repaired” &. “ no one got hurt or worse”
True that! More sharing to keep the next guy or gal from making the same stupid mistake :)

nstahack512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you sure it was the bolt? Mine has hit the metal tab between the center and side rollers and scratched the gel coat.
Might have been that too. No worries. It still runs and rides just fine :)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always winch mine the last foot or two, but I have the guides on the trailer so the boat always comes in straight and settles on the bunks a couple feet away. Also I don't power load. I come in slow and cut the engines after the bow is through the guides and let it glide on till it stops a couple feet or so from the winch resting on the bunks. Then I go up front or get off and into the water, since the boat is now stable, connect winch line, crank till it hits the roller and then coming out of the water I do the 5 mph stop and snug maneuver and it is sitting perfectly on the trailer and up against front roller.

Last edited:

nstahack512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always winch mine the last foot or two, but I have the guides on the trailer so the boat always comes in straight and settles on the bunks a couple feet away.
Good idea. Hey my 2021 ar210 has the same two-tone (different colors) above the rub rail. I’m curious where you put your registration stickers and what color(s) you chose?

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good idea. Hey my 2021 ar210 has the same two-tone (different colors) above the rub rail. I’m curious where you put your registration stickers and what color(s) you chose?
You may want to check with your state BMV for specifics, but generally they must comply with these guidelines (See Link). Owners are occassionally ticketed for non-compliance, lack of lettering contrast, etc. Displaying the Registration Number and Excise Tax Decals

We also have another sticker with special mounting instructions we have to buy here in Indiana to use any form of boat on state managed lakes/parks/etc. DNR: Boating Fees & Lake Permits

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with a basic reflective silver/white which was to get on the water and shows up real nice at night. Haven't switched them out as of yet so I may this year to something else, although undecided. I follow the placement and size for the state of michigan.

SmallerBoat.png

nstahack512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with a basic reflective silver/white which was to get on the water and shows up real nice at night. Haven't switched them out as of yet so I may this year to something else, although undecided. I follow the placement and size for the state of michigan.

View attachment 144428
Cool, thanks for the details!

nstahack512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats, you got your first scratch out of the way. Now you can enjoy boating. :)
Yes sir! Hah! I plan to have someone go over the gel coat at the end of the season, which for me is November (Lake Travis, Austin Texas here).

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I always winch mine the last foot or two, but I have the guides on the trailer so the boat always comes in straight and settles on the bunks a couple feet away. Also I don't power load. I come in slow and cut the engines after the bow is through the guides and let it glide on till it stops a couple feet or so from the winch resting on the bunks. Then I go up front or get off and into the water, since the boat is now stable, connect winch line, crank till it hits the roller and then coming out of the water I do the 5 mph stop and snug maneuver and it is sitting perfectly on the trailer and up against front roller.
Hanging, I have the same Stolz as you but haven't installed yet. Does your bolt and nut stick out like the pic above?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210316_113811.jpg
Yes and i dont have an issue the way i load the boat,

Shabah182