• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My wife is getting the hang of this!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
awesome job by the wife ! I love having folks board the boat at the public ramps by doing this, everyone stares in awe at the beauty/ease of the swim deck entrance.....

Here's one if I may for kudos to my 1st mate... My truck/trailer combo is 50 ft of vehicle...My wife nails it on the ramp every-time. We pride ourselves with minimal ramp time, we were in the parking lot <10 seconds after the video ends. Our deployments are 1/2 this time easily.
After I turned off the camera the guy to my left says to his wife "why cant you do that"......smart way to start your boating day bigus dickus .

Very nice! Backing the trailer down the ramp is the only thing that my wife hasn't done yet... But she keeps saying she is going to learn. She can dock the boat, drive it onto the trailer, and has even drove my truck home once or twice. I'm afraid if she learns how to back the trailer down the ramp she won't need me anymore! :eek:

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pretty damn awesome maneuvering skills demonstrated here! Nice job! :winkingthumbsup"

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I got done with Volffas's video (very nice, by the way. Hopefully one of these days my wife will drive)
This video popped up...cracked me up.
http://youtu.be/nWZKJwXvdh8

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like that video! Cracked me up too. "I made it to turn two...."

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would love it if my wife would take an interest in driving the boat or learning to back the trailer. I sometimes begin to feel like the "driver", and would love to surf /wakeboard again. Our routine for loading is wait for the ramp to be slow, idle to the courtesy dock, I jump out while they hold the boat and run up the ramp across the parking lot to the truck, back the trailer in, run across the ramp to the boat and pilot the boat onto the trailer, climb down the bow and hook the bow strap, tighten, and then listen to the people with ramp rage as I pull the boat out of the water....I would love it if my wife was willing to learn to do one or the other.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would love it if my wife would take an interest in driving the boat or learning to back the trailer. I sometimes begin to feel like the "driver", and would love to surf /wakeboard again. Our routine for loading is wait for the ramp to be slow, idle to the courtesy dock, I jump out while they hold the boat and run up the ramp across the parking lot to the truck, back the trailer in, run across the ramp to the boat and pilot the boat onto the trailer, climb down the bow and hook the bow strap, tighten, and then listen to the people with ramp rage as I pull the boat out of the water....I would love it if my wife was willing to learn to do one or the other.
Sounds like my routine. Except my ramp is never busy and I just float the boat onto the trailer.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The wife is very hesitant to drive now.
She won't take the helm in any close quarters situation.

Funny thing though she does a hell of a job pulling a tube, the kids would rather have her sling them around than me.
As long as the lake isn't too busy she will drive but I think it makes her nervous and she really enjoys boat relaxation mode. The son drives often and he is getting quite good with boating navigation rules and making safe decisions.