• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Myrtle Beach, SC

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Calabash! Yes!!!
this!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gonna be honest with you, we went into one of the more recommended Calabash restaurants, I saw things that I can't unsee, wasn't cool and a zoo. We left. Went into another and encountered the same thing, not cool and left. So I have as yet to eat my seafood, that I enjoy. Going to Murrells Inlet on Tuesday and Wednesday for Dolphin Excursion, Parasailing and to eat both days. We drove through there today. Looks very cool. Last time I was through here was 1992.

I now know the true meaning of Center Console Boats. They were awesome. Makes the ones around us in the Great lakes, look sad.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Skip the boat. Not worth the hassle. Do something else. Plenty "else" to do.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Admiral wants to do the dolphin excursion boat. She is in charge :rolleyes:

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gonna be honest with you, we went into one of the more recommended Calabash restaurants, I saw things that I can't unsee, wasn't cool and a zoo. We left. Went into another and encountered the same thing, not cool and left. So I have as yet to eat my seafood, that I enjoy. Going to Murrells Inlet on Tuesday and Wednesday for Dolphin Excursion, Parasailing and to eat both days. We drove through there today. Looks very cool. Last time I was through here was 1992.

I now know the true meaning of Center Console Boats. They were awesome. Makes the ones around us in the Great lakes, look sad.
We’re down here for the weekend too from NC at Kingston Resort as another mentioned. Hope you guys are having fun, looking forward to warmer weather today.

BradGoins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For seafood, I highly recommend Bimini's Oyster Bar (near the Kingston Resort area). It is a small place so get there early.

930 Lake Arrowhead Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am sure it is a common thing for a lot here, but i just saw a group of dolphins about a mile off shore. Very cool to me. I have never seen a wild dolphin before. Never been out in the ocean on a boat before, more than a few hundred yards. A good amount of yamahas zipping around.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very cool... it's not unusual to see them even on the Intracoastal side sometimes.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have seen them in the Trent River near my house which is far from the intercoastal.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

The restaurants in Murrells inlet are pretty disappointing. They're literally the same ones with different names. Look at the menus and they're damn near identical. Granted we love Murrell's inlet and go there every year, sometimes more than once, but the restaurants for seafood are meh down at the inlet. There is a pizza place down there that is quite possibly the best pizza I've ever had. LOL!

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If we travel to water - big or small, fresh or salt - we drag the boat with us. But my wife loves being on the water as much as I do... maybe more.

But, to the point made by others - it is KEY to have accommodations which make it convenient to jump on the boat, but still leaving time to enjoy other activities.

Pulling the boat to your destination is always easy... one hour, 12 hours... doesn’t matter. Dragging her home is never ‘fun’.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We didnt pull the boat. Stayed in myrtle right on the water. Needed to get out of the house with the kids. Food in murrells wasnt bad, a bit pricey. Still nice fornthe kids, and the admiral is happy. Thats what counts.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
16178483588851930180415261073721.jpg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live here in Myrtle go check out Flying Fish. It is worth brining the boat for sure but only if you have a spot on the waterway where you can keep the boat in the back yard if not I agree don't bring it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Driving home right now 3 women in the car and the Admiral not missing many rest stops

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you had a great time. I would recommend next time finding somewhere with a slip so you can take the boat. We recently went to the Destin FL area, took the boat and it was amazing. It was awesome to see dolphins offshore in our own boat and even came across a 30-36” sea turtle while out there. I’m lucky enough to that my other 1/2 did all of the planning, found a place with a marina and found offsite parking for the trailer( no trailer parking we here we stayed). To us it was well worth taking the boat and I would recommend that if possible, to take their boat.

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m heading down there next month . I have a slip reserved at crazy sisters for the week .

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crazy Sister Marina is where we left on the boat and also had lunch next door at Wicked Tuna. Very nice area.