• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

N2K and common speed error

Potsy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Suddenly got these two errors on my 2016 Yamaha sx192. Anyone know of most common reason? Have not done anything to the boat. It still ran fine but speedometer and some of the modes like depth not working

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian Different model but did you have this same issue?

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Same issue- what was the fix?

Potsy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had to have speed sensor replaced. Said voltage was to high. The dealer where I bought boat a few months earlier could not fix it. Brought to a Yamaha dealer to have done. Almost $900. Thankfully dealer where I bought it reimbursed me.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had a speed comm error recently. Battery was dying and I didn't realize it. Replaced battery and all was well. Battery had correct voltage but not enough juice.

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got a good look yesterday and the corroded positive terminal and connector can’t be good for the health of the battery. Going to get a replacement today! Did you swap for like or upgrade size?

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Got a good look yesterday and the corroded positive terminal and connector can’t be good for the health of the battery. Going to get a replacement today! Did you swap for like or upgrade size?
Stock size but I have 2 of them.

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think I’m just going to grab a nice single new battery and go from there for this year..... but grabbing the Duracell AG from sams and can add a 2nd if I determine needed later. Def getting a lithium jump buddy though!

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Went with the Duracell premium 31 AGM. Fixed my comm error / speedo / depth finder malfunction. Really happy with it! Thanks all

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
2 weeks solid of no issues- 15 mins into today’s ride the error is back and my speedo and depth fonder stop..... I don’t get it?!