• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

N2K Comm Error

Mjensen79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2013 AR20, When I started it this morning to make sure we were all good to go out to the lake today. I got the N2K Comm Error on the port tach, Speedomeeter gage arrow just kept going back and forth and the Starboard Tach displayed ID 0x02. I have read all the other post on here about the N2k Comm error and looks like the fixes are all over the place. Looks like most common fix is replacing the Tach. I'm hoping I don't need to replay all 3.

So far I have pulled every plug and reconnected it that I can find behind the dash and in the engine compartment. With no change. my 3 batteries are brand new.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do next?