• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

N2K error Caused by Transducer

Michael Guzzo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello team Jetboater!
Earlier this month I had my boat at the dealership for standard annual maintenance and I mentioned to them that I was receiving an N2K COMM error upon starting the boat. After they had a chance to take a look they said that it was being caused by a faulty transducer (Yamaha part # F2D-U8K1W-01-00) and they would charge me $800 to replace. They also said the only thing it is effecting is the depth finder, water temp reading and digital speed reading (However dash speedometer works fine). I declined the service.

Now I am prepping the boat to sell and upgrade to a newer model, however am worried that this will be a deterrent for a potential buyer so I have a couple questions..

1. Is this an easy fix if I order the part myself? I'm seeing it for just under $500
2. Is there a way to just disable the error from coming up and explain to the buyer that these features don't work and why?
3. and most importantly what would you knowledgeable jetboat owners do in this situation?

Thanks!

Michael Guzzo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bump in case someone with a perspective missed this

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hello team Jetboater!
Earlier this month I had my boat at the dealership for standard annual maintenance and I mentioned to them that I was receiving an N2K COMM error upon starting the boat. After they had a chance to take a look they said that it was being caused by a faulty transducer (Yamaha part # F2D-U8K1W-01-00) and they would charge me $800 to replace. They also said the only thing it is effecting is the depth finder, water temp reading and digital speed reading (However dash speedometer works fine). I declined the service.

Now I am prepping the boat to sell and upgrade to a newer model, however am worried that this will be a deterrent for a potential buyer so I have a couple questions..

1. Is this an easy fix if I order the part myself? I'm seeing it for just under $500
2. Is there a way to just disable the error from coming up and explain to the buyer that these features don't work and why?
3. and most importantly what would you knowledgeable jetboat owners do in this situation?

Thanks!
Hello team Jetboater!

Thanks!
Hey man did you ever get an answer for this issue? I am having the same problem

Michael Guzzo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey man did you ever get an answer for this issue? I am having the same problem
I ended up not fixing the issue as those features were not important to me. Sold the boat and told the buyer. they were not concerned with the issue either.