• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Name recommendations

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Picked up a 2018 242 late last year and have not named it. Looking for font, size and name recommendations. As my last name is Lombardi, I was thinking of playing off the name, maybe "Lombardi's Trophy". Would love to hear others ideas as I am not set on anything. Again, font and size would also be a huge help.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
What the Swell is going on out here ... too long but it plays off his famous quote "What the hell is going on out here!"

Your suggestion is pretty good and obviously makes sense from a few different aspects.

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We haven’t named our boat yet. Leaning toward “KNOT PROPPER”

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CraigLombardi , @why_fly_high -- Can we get more details? That usually helps. Craig, yours is good, of course. But if we had what you did, number of kids, hobbies, etc., that can help come up with a good name that fits you and is not just generically good...

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have yet to name mine but I keep trying to convince someone to name their boat "Sick Grandma". Because then you always have an excuse to leave to spend time with your boat. For instance, you can tell your boss you need to leave work early to go visit your "Sick Grandma". Feel free to use it. ;)

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think shortening it up to just "What the Swell" would be good, too.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As an owner, I approve of “Lombardi’s Trophy”
DFE9BF65-689A-49AE-AA3A-A567C8EAF50B.jpeg