• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Naples to Key west

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see that it is a little over one hundred miles in distance. I am wondering how long does it take to do this trip? Trying to decide to trailer or dump in and go by water next Nov. Thanks

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see that it is a little over one hundred miles in distance. I am wondering how long does it take to do this trip? Trying to decide to trailer or dump in and go by water next Nov. Thanks
You should be able to cruise around 30 to 35 mph offshore and if its 100 miles you should make it on fuel. When we did the Exumas earlier in the year we did 102 miles offshore from Bimini to Chub Cay and it was still believed there was enough fuel in the boat to make it another 45 miles to Nassau.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have watched your trip on YouTube and was surprised that you could go on. Great video. Can't wait to make that trip myself. Thanks for the reply

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
did you try to do a search of this? It seems I remember a few members discussing this a few years ago (although it might have been on YJB)
If you google search the /// jetboaters.net naples key west /// it may search better

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No I never thought about doing a search.

I searched YouTube for videos but all I found was key west express.

@1948Isaac just travel this in ruff water at 29mph was being lazy hoping for a reply.

I will do a search. Thanks for the suggestion.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I did a trip from Goodland/Marco Island to Key West in August. It was around 90 miles. Starting out the waves were a bit rough but we made it in about 4 hrs IIRC...
It was the opening week of Lobster season and I took the water down instead of sitting in the usual traffic jam going all the way to KW by truck and trailer.

It was a great trip !
:winkingthumbsup"

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Next Nov I would like to go down for the Super boat races. Not against towing down because I cold bring a motorcycle with us. I just not a fan of sitting in traffic when I could be on the water.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Next Nov I would like to go down for the Super boat races. Not against towing down because I cold bring a motorcycle with us. I just not a fan of sitting in traffic when I could be on the water.
If you have good weather , it will be a piece of cake to cross from marco island to the keys ( about 100 miles) and you will not require any extra fuel at all. I made it there in rought weather and i still had about 17% if fuel left when i got there..

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I was just going to post about this for advice. Looking to do the trip mid march for my birthday. Suggestions on where to stay while in the keys? Thinking about a central location to rent a house with dock and explore on day trips, or bouncing around to a few places.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was just going to post about this for advice. Looking to do the trip mid march for my birthday. Suggestions on where to stay while in the keys? Thinking about a central location to rent a house with dock and explore on day trips, or bouncing around to a few places.
I stayed at the galleon resort and marina. Great place to stay and to have your boat next to your unit