• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

National Parks Depot Camera (GoPro-ish)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
http://nationalparksdepot.us/products/12mp-hd-1080p-digital-sports-dv-action-waterproof-camera-with-wifi?utm_source=notify&utm_medium=notification

I have done a search and couldn't find this on the forum anywhere, it has been popping up on my FB page for the last couple weeks. I didn't find many reviews but the comments about it on FB were positive and people say it is compatible with just about everything GoPro; battery, mounts, case, you can control it with a smart phone app blah blah blah.

I guess I will find out how it is since I just ordered one:snaphappy:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Holy Cow, those look just like GoPro cameras!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow. That looks so much like the GoPro I'd be surprised if GoPro didn't bring some kind of lawsuit. But let us know how it works.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the camera the other day, I've played around with it a little. I wish I had some experience with a GoPro because everything this came with and the camera looks just like one.
Here is a test I did the other day, I used a suction cup mount on my truck window, used the wifi on my phone connected to it to turn it on and everything seemed to work really well.
I don't know if it is normal or maybe it's a setting I haven't found, but it breaks the video into 1 minute clips, which I don't think is a bad thing.
It is actually an Action Camera brand, or that's what was on the box anyway.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @Wayloncle, just wondered how long it took for you to get this after you ordered it. I ordered one of them the other day and I'm hoping I get it before the loop cruise in a few weeks.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got mine in 13 days.

It seems to be a decent camera, I've been at Disneyland this week and used it to video some stuff, took it to the pool today to see how it works under water, it didn't leak at 5'...and it does not float:). I'll see how the videos are next week.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got mine in 13 days.

It seems to be a decent camera, I've been at Disneyland this week and used it to video some stuff, took it to the pool today to see how it works under water, it didn't leak at 5'...and it does not float:). I'll see how the videos are next week.
Glad to hear it. Can't wait to get it, looking forward to filming some of our summer activities.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Video I took while at Disneyland, two videos I joined with iMovie real quick. I've never done any editing so it's all new to me....baby steps:)

This camera seems pretty good to me, better than what I expected.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got one of these last week. It seems to be a pretty good camera, especially for the price.

Here's a little video I shot Sunday at the lake while I was trying it out.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I found a better price @Wayloncle. I found the same camera on Amazon under the brand "Geekpro" for 79.99.
I ordered another one. :winkingthumbsup"

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think there are several names for it, I saw a FB comment on the NPD site that said wish.com had them for $30something.

Have you looked for extra batteries?

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, not yet but I'm gonna look into it. I really like this camera though.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Wayloncle All your videos you've posted are max 720p. Even the one that says 4k test. Not sure that was deliberate. Video looks good for price.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty good picture for that camera. There are more in the same price scale with less pixelation.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wayloncle All your videos you've posted are max 720p. Even the one that says 4k test. Not sure that was deliberate. Video looks good for price.
I forgot to select 1080p when I uploaded it, the video that says 4K test is what the camera is called, not 4K quality. I'm obviously not a camera tech guru, but this does a great job for what I'm using it for...IMO:)