• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Nautique GS22E electric boat

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Meh. I guess if I were rich I could get 2 or 3 of them to make it through a day. 300k is a bit much. I really like the concept, if they could get 6-8 hours on a single charge it would be a winner, and knock some off that MSRP. I didn't see recharge time anywhere as well. Perhaps you can just swap in fresh batteries?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gee, only $300,000?

I admire their effort to push the tech envelope, but that is not yet a practical solution / price point combo. Not even close.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think it is VERY cool. Price is obviously completely out of reach of most of us. The 2-3 hours sounds short but in reality that is actual time in motion, most days on the water don't necessarily include 3 hours of engine time, at least for us. I see this as a boat for the person who has a lake house with a boat dock who can get out and do some boarding with the family and friends then come back and plug it in to recharge for the next day. Hopefully this can be a start toward making the technology more affordable/accessible in the future.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess it would depend on your usage patterns. Yesterday we did almost 6 hours on the engines and we came in early, this includes no wake and pulling tubes, wake boards, Zup Board and just flying around. We really never sit at a sand bar or lounge around except for lunch.

I wonder how quiet the engines are? I would assume extremely which would be a big plus.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder how quiet the engines are? I would assume extremely which would be a big plus.
That plus the instant, full torque on tap at any RPM would be big positives for tow boats.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you live on a modest size lake and have power to your dock I could see it making a lot of sense. There would be no need to haul gas cans out to the dock to fill it...

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nautique is bringing an electric boat to market for 2021, $292,000 for 2-3 hours of fun on a single charge.
ACK! 5900lbs ??? I guess the batteries weigh a lot because electric engines are relatively light.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm sure the batteries do weigh a lot! However, that weight is not all that different than the actual read-to-run weight of many comparable traditional wake boats. Plus, weight is a good thing in the wake world.

They say 2-3 hours of "watersports" time. I wonder how that is defined and how it might change in lighter usage, if at all. If that's 2-3 hours of wakesurfing, that's likely not far off from what you'll get running through a full tank in a jet. In any case, it will be awesome if this technology continues to mature - think Tesla's original roadster vs. the newest offerings. Gotta start somewhere.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm sure the batteries do weigh a lot! However, that weight is not all that different than the actual read-to-run weight of many comparable traditional wake boats. Plus, weight is a good thing in the wake world.
Sure, but trailering would suck as you can't dump the ballast.
:D
But if you can afford a $300k boat, you can afford a new truck to pull it.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Meh. I guess if I were rich I could get 2 or 3 of them to make it through a day. 300k is a bit much. I really like the concept, if they could get 6-8 hours on a single charge it would be a winner, and knock some off that MSRP. I didn't see recharge time anywhere as well. Perhaps you can just swap in fresh batteries?
They show charge time as 1.5 - 12 hours, depending on the power source. 1.5 would have to be at something like a commercial "supercharger". If it's anything like our Tesla, a 50 amp charge setup would fill it back up in the 4-6 hour range.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sure, but trailering would suck as you can't dump the ballast.
:D
But if you can afford a $300k boat, you can afford a new truck to pull it.
I meant to say that's not far off from what many surf boats weigh with empty ballast. More like 10-12K with ballasts full. Heck, the new G23 Paragon has a 7,200 lb dry weight.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This sounds a bit like Tesla's strategy: start with a high-end electric vehicle that only a few people can afford, and hopefully over time translate that into more mass-friendly products.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This sounds a bit like Tesla's strategy: start with a high-end electric vehicle that only a few people can afford, and hopefully over time translate that into more mass-friendly products.
Nautique doesn't make boats that normal people can afford, they are the only high end wake boat manufacturer thats doesn't have a budget line

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well for the kind of Jake they are getting for their high end boats. I could literally buy 4-5 212x's and give 4 of them away to other people to enjoy with their family who can't afford to buy a boat. Shit I could more of the 212s, etc. Personally if I had that kind of money falling out of my ass, some very happy families who couldn't really get a new boat would be making memories right now. :)

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well for the kind of Jake they are getting for their high end boats. I could literally buy 4-5 212x's and give 4 of them away to other people to enjoy with their family who can't afford to buy a boat. Shit I could more of the 212s, etc. Personally if I had that kind of money falling out of my ass, some very happy families who couldn't really get a new boat would be making memories right now. :)
Nautique sales every boat they make, they are a high end boat builder and are made for people with the money to buy them. Nautiques are expensive and they are a quality boat. 65K for a 212X is just as overpriced as any Nautique. For not much more money you can buy a another brand that will out perform Yamaha's wake series by a lot. Yamaha is trying to polish a turd and call it a wake boat, it's not even close.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With the introduction of the Nikola Badger electric/ hydrogen fuel cell truck. All I've been wondering is why not a hydrogen fuel cell boat?? Extended range electric, H²0 is the only byproduct, no carbon monoxide concerns, no engine noise. Just makes sense to me.

I'd like to use this moment to announce my kickstarter... Zero Watercraft. Looking for serious investors... 😉😉

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ripler My point was not about it being a wake boat, my point was that for that kind of dough, I could be generous to others and still have a nice boat and enjoy.

@J-RAD I am in.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With the introduction of the Nikola Badger electric/ hydrogen fuel cell truck. All I've been wondering is why not a hydrogen fuel cell boat?? Extended range electric, H²0 is the only byproduct, no carbon monoxide concerns, no engine noise. Just makes sense to me.

I'd like to use this moment to announce my kickstarter... Zero Watercraft. Looking for serious investors... 😉😉
Sounds interesting.

Do these fuel cells require hydrogen refueling infrastructure at marinas and in their supply chain?

If so, that guy that refuses to put out his cigarettes at the fuel docks might encounter a whole new failure mode. Likely would make for some spectacular "boat fail" videos on YouTube.