• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Navigation Lights not Working

itsalexg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2018 AR 240. Today was the first time I take it out at night and the bow navigation lights are not turning on. I don't want to take it back to the dealer if it is something simple to fix.

Can anybody please give me some insights into how to troubleshoot? Can it be a fuse? Everything else on the boat is working perfectly.

Thank you for your help!

I recently purchased a 2018 AR 240. Today was the first time I take it out at night and the bow navigation lights are not turning on. I don't want to take it back to the dealer if it is something simple to fix.

Can anybody please give me some insights into how to troubleshoot? Can it be a fuse? Everything else on the boat is working perfectly.

Thank you for your help!
My boat's lights have a switch that toggles up for stern light only (for when parked) and down to bottom for stern and bow. (when underway) I don't know if the new boats have the same. My boat is a 2007 SX230.

Additionally, there is a pushbutton breaker switch under a round 'button' type thing that you can press to reset the breaker. I might have the positions mixed up but the switch is definitely three positions.

Thank you for your help!
I will second the breaker switch. I had to reset mine during a safety inspection right after we purchased the boat new. I used the key to push it because my finger would not reset it.

Last edited:
I will second the breaker switch. I had to reset mine during a safety inspection right after we purchased the boat new. I used the key to push it because my finger would not reset it.

Where is the breaker switch located? Thanks for the quick response

Where is the breaker switch located? Thanks for the quick response
On my boat it's a black rubber button (nipple) under the switch.

Yours might be back by your battery in a breaker panel. @Mainah might know better on a connext boat.

Last edited:
If @mark_m's suggestion doesn't work check the lamp. If the lamp tests good check for 12 volts at the lamp socket.

I don't have one of the Connext boats but are you pressing the Navigation button? When you press it what color does the button turn? It should be green meaning they're on. Are both the bow and tower light not coming on or just the bow?

image.png

Last edited:
I don't have one of the Connext boats but are you pressing the Navigation button? When you press it what color does the button turn? It should be green meaning they're on. Are both the bow and tower light not coming on or just the bow?

View attachment 82973
The three way operation I was trying to describe with the old school switch

@itsalexg what method were you using to turn on the lights?

If you go to the "light" screen on your connex the screen will show which lights should be illuminated as you touch the buttons.
If your nav lights are showing to be on, but don't work check your fuse, then look for bad connections. Especially right at the lamp.

Those LEDs do look great once lit. Hope you get them working and get to enjoy some night ops!

20170527_201148.jpg

Last edited:
Back