• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a cover for a 2017 Yamaha sx210 without spending a fortune. Any recommendations?

Kpolk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Need a cover for a 2017 Yamaha sx210 without spending a fortune. Any recommendations?

I have a similar boat, it’s a 2012 SX210, so slightly different hull.

I purchased the below for use while it’s in high and dry storage. (I have the Yamaha cover for when I trailer.). Notice I purchased the 23-24ft version, as the 20-23ft cover is for a smaller beam.

Cover comes with numerous tie town straps, appears to be water resistant (I have a boat that gets stacked above me, and the cover has dried salt and grease on it) and has a few built in vents.

I can’t speak to how well it would work when trailering, and you would probably want to buy the anti-pooling poles if it’s going to be stored outside.

80D548B6-2BD6-461F-A741-7555D1CBCCC0.png

For winter storage I have the same cover that @VitaminSea has. The 22-24 ft cover almost fully covers my 24’ boat. I think it will fit the 21 ft great. The multiple straps do a great job holding down the cover. I tow 30 min to and back for storage, so it works well for that, but I can see it being tedious to strap and unstop frequently.

I have a similar boat, it’s a 2012 SX210, so slightly different hull.

I purchased the below for use while it’s in high and dry storage. (I have the Yamaha cover for when I trailer.). Notice I purchased the 23-24ft version, as the 20-23ft cover is for a smaller beam.

Cover comes with numerous tie town straps, appears to be water resistant (I have a boat that gets stacked above me, and the cover has dried salt and grease on it) and has a few built in vents.

I can’t speak to how well it would work when trailering, and you would probably want to buy the anti-pooling poles if it’s going to be stored outside.

View attachment 163864
Thanks I have the poles from the old dry rotted one I can still use.

I had the same issue with an sx190 and found a viable @$200 solution. I tried the ones on Amazon, but returned them. They are designed for a typical V-shaped bow, not the more squarer bow of Yamahas. This means they don't fit for the specified boat length, and if you size up, there is a lot of extra, awkward overhanging material. I used a Budge Marine Cover, but the one recommended by their Make/Year/Model database had the same fitment issue. They sent a free replacement which was for a 18-20ft "Low Profile Flat Front/Skiff/Deck Boat". The replacement obviously did not have the glove-like fit of the OEM covers, but it fit with minimal overhang and pulled taut enough to prevent pooling with the OEM shipping cover poles. It has kept boat dry through a very wet summer and I would definitely buy again.

(21) Aftermarket cover 12-18 SX190 | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!

Back