• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a good repair shop around Houston

08AR210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
'08 AR210 water in oil, can't remove it w multiple oil/filter changes, possible overheat. My mechanic on my lake is out of commission. Need a good repair shop who can pull the motor and do the repair. Scared of dealer labor rates. Anybody know a good shop around Houston area that you have had engine work done? Thanks

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have heard of WFO Permormance, and even called them once (713) 725-8596 but never have actually needed them, so my reference is pretty terrible.

In the past when similar issues have been reported, in some cases it has been a gap in the exhaust manifold. It might be worth it to inspect it before giving it to the shop. Best of Luck, hopefully the other members in the area have a better reference.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took my boat to the dealer (Texas Marine, Conroe) for the first service. After dropping $450 on oil and plug change, I found the (ahem) other site, which then led me to this site. I learned there was basically very little I couldn't do myself on these boats (given a history of shadetree auto mechanic work). As a result, I have less to offer you than @Beachbummer. Never had an issue of that magnitude with my engines (yet--knocking madly on wood), so haven't had to find one.

But I found a good shop for fiberglass work, courtesy of a tree stump. I know, not helpful.

Do let us know what you find, tho. This board works by shared knowledge... Hey, @MrMoose , did you ever find anyone when you were down here?

Looks like the Member Map is not working correctly. @Bruce , were you aware? But I know there are a few more Houston area folks here...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like the Member Map is not working correctly. @Bruce , were you aware? But I know there are a few more Houston area folks here...
We are not entirely happy with the current member map but it is the best available for this version of the forum software. Unfortunately later versions of the map that we previously used were unusable at our scale.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

08AR210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys, will check with WFO. Normally I do all my own engine work, but my work is taking all my time and I want to be on the lake soon. Dealers will take all your $

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took my boat to the dealer (Texas Marine, Conroe) for the first service. After dropping $450 on oil and plug change, I found the (ahem) other site, which then led me to this site. I learned there was basically very little I couldn't do myself on these boats (given a history of shadetree auto mechanic work). As a result, I have less to offer you than @Beachbummer. Never had an issue of that magnitude with my engines (yet--knocking madly on wood), so haven't had to find one.

But I found a good shop for fiberglass work, courtesy of a tree stump. I know, not helpful.

Do let us know what you find, tho. This board works by shared knowledge... Hey, @MrMoose , did you ever find anyone when you were down here?

@tdonoughue , nope, the only work I ever had done on my boat was warranty work, mostly done by Texas Marine in Conroe.

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately no. I had to use Texas marine for my engine swap because it was good will by corporate. I haven’t had any other shop work on my boat. I did have an automechanic I trust double check some work, but I don’t think he would be interested in significant marine work.