• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a hand - 98 Sugar Sand Tango 175

BoaterCody

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Hey y'all first time poster here, and first time jet boat owner!
I picked up a 98 sugar sand tango, 4+2 175hp last summer. I come from a automotive background but never owned a boat before. It has some electrical issues I've corrected, and a few I just can't figure out.

There was not a blower for gas fumes in the boat, the owner just opened the engine lid, so I installed an Atwood blower. The previous owner has the existing black and yellow wires coming out of the loom and wrapped off, and the atwood also had yellow and black so I assumed those are it, am I wrong?
I cant find wiring diagrams anywhere... however I do have the original service manual.

It also has a amazon bilge pump with a garden hose that is wired with a 15 amp fuse directly to the battery, and to the toggle switch below the radio compartment. This works, however not well. I want to fix or replace the original bilge but can't seem to find the original bilge location and wiring?

Beyond this it needs alot of cosmetic love and I just finished replacing the oil, plugs, etc. but for $1000 you can't go too wrong!

If anyone can shine some light on how the original bilge and blower system works or some troubleshooting assistance I would appreciate it!
Cheers
Cody

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, we have a sugar sands forum and you may want to post a welcome there also so those guys know another new member has arrived (since we see fewer and fewer of those boats now)

I would not guess that the wrapped off wires are for the blower, chances of a new atwood blower and a 25 yr old boat having the same color sequence, not much,

I'd put a multimeter on them and see when /if they have power, if it's usable, I'd use them.

I don't know where the original bilge pump was on that model, I would have thought the service manual would have noted it,

@Bilmon is a sugar sands owner and may be able to help out,

BoaterCody

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Scott I appreciate the help! I found out they're dead wires sadly, that would have been too easy lol. I just figured because they were already out of the lume, cut and wrapped right where the blower used to be mounted so a guy just assumed.
I did notice a few of the breakers are tripped under the wheel, but still nothing. Time to just chase and clean wire connectors, see what happens!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For the blower - if you have a switch already... make sure 12v to switch and then find wires that turn on and off with that switch. If no switch, just install on and run wires.